Thursday, July 4, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "While I Wait"


The words to "While I Wait" are so close to my heart...

Though I don't understand it
I will worship with my pain
You are God, You are worthy
You are with me all the way

So while I wait, I will worship
Lord, I'll worship Your name
Though I don't have all the answers
Still I trust You all the same

Trusting God is the only way to get through life. I do not understand how people get through tough times without Him. We must worship Him through the time of waiting on our miracle. We must trust Him with our whole being. That is the only way to succeed in not fearing our situation. It is the only way to stand in His empowerment. Living in His presence so we can not only hear Him but walk in His Spirit is the only way to get through the waiting process. I think of Proverbs 3:5-6 this morning. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will set your path straight. Yes! Trust Him. That is exactly what I will do with Doc's pancreatic cancer. I will trust Him with my whole being. I will trust His timing. I will trust His direction. Plain and simple. I will trust Him. I am grateful for days like yesterday that seemed 'normal' with shopping, going out for lunch, enjoying some pool time...it was awesome! When He blesses us with such days, I am so grateful! It encourages me to keep on keeping on! He encourages me in so many ways. He encourages me to trust Him when the questions come into play. He encourages me to love on others with His love even in days where it seems like I can't go on. He encourages me to think of others instead of my own situation. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You encourage me! Thank You for loving me so much that it makes it easy to trust You! In Your time, Father. In Your time. I know You will heal Doc in Your time. Thank You for yesterday that was so wonderful! Father, cleanse us so You can fill us today. May people see/hear You today instead of us. May we be a beacon of light for You wherever You guide us. I pray for Elizabeth's pain to be less today; Val as she continues healing from her knee surgery; and for safety for all who will put off fireworks tonight. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Trust! Amen.

No comments: