Wednesday, July 17, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Matthew 6:10; Philippians 4:13; James 1:2-4 - "Rise"


There are some nights I wonder why I even go to bed. It's not because God has me praying but because I physically hurt or am thinking about what is ahead. I do what I know to do and pray but sometimes there are still multiple times of being awake. I gave up trying the last time when I woke a hour before the clock was to go off. It is kind of funny how these type of nights are often ones when the clock has to be set for an early wake-up time. I am grateful knowing there will be a nap in this day. I just cannot function on seven hours of sleep. There are days I struggle with nine or ten hours. But God knows what is needed and will provide. This morning as I walked out of the bedroom and picked up my laptop these words came to my mind...

So rise
Breaking the dark, piercing the night
You're made to shine
An army of hope, bringing the world
A radiant light, a radiant light
You were made to rise, rise

God has such a sense of humor! "Rise!" OK, God, I'm up! This song talks about not allowing our yesterdays dictate our todays. It talks about feeling defeated and how He wants to restore our relationship with Him. I am so grateful for the way He did just that many years ago when I rebelled against Him. He never gave up on me but instead was there on the sideline cheering me on until I returned. Woo hoo! I would not be able to shine for Him today had He not accepted me back with open arms. There are many people today that need to do the same. Yes, taking the first step is hard but it is so worth it. It will take the love of Jesus to happen. His love needs to flow in and through us so people will desire to accept His grace. His love needs to be the balm to soothe the hurts people have. It needs to be the 'fix' to their problems. His love does not take away all our problems but instead empowers us to shine through them. I would love to take away the pancreatic cancer in Doc's body. I would take it myself if I could. But that is not possible so I must continue to trust God to heal him. I must continue to speak words of life over him. I continue to believe God is going to heal him on this earth. I continue to ask for his healing to happen sooner than later. I believe it will happen because it is God's will. I am praying "on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10) over him. I am standing on II Timothy 1:7. God does not put fear in me. He puts empowerment to stand up against the enemy and empowerment to shine brightly for him in situations such as cancer. That empowerment comes through a supernatural strength He gives me to keep going when I feel like I can't take another step physically or handle another thing emotionally. The only way His empowerment/strength can happen to the extent He so desires is for me to continue to walk in obedience to Him. I must be in relationship with Him where I not only hear His voice but walk in His ways. Is it always easy? I used to say 'no' but oh how I've changed that answer. YES! It is easy to walk in obedience to Him. It actually is easier than doing life in my own strength. "His strength is perfect, when my strength is gone" is a line in a song that I hold close. Philippians 4:13 tells me I can do ALL things through His strength. ALL things...not just some. I remember when I was going through my MS diagnosis twenty-five years ago and He gave me that verse. I will never forget the ladies from Women's Ministries gathering around my bed and praying with me. While doing so, my Momma called to check on me from West Virginia where she was for my Grandmother's death. Those were tough days. I thought God gave me Philippians 4:13 to remind me He was my physical strength since I was in a wheelchair. I soon realized He wanted me to lean on His strength for every aspect of my life. Physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritually. Wow, twenty-five years! That is a long time! I'm grateful for all the ways He has taught me to claim Philippians 4:13. Yes, I am grateful for all the times of "trials of many kinds" (James 1:2-4) because they have taken me deeper in my faith and taught me how to persevere no matter what. I love the words found in James 1:2-4...

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Woo hoo! I want to be "mature and complete, not lacking anything." I may lack in the eyes of man but not in God's eyes. He is all I need to shine brightly in this world. Oh how I desire people to see his love through me. I desire people to want a relationship like I have with Him. I desire to not miss any opportunity He puts before me. I am so grateful for His love.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the forty shoeboxes the children and teens put together last night! I was so tired by the end of the night but I felt so blessed. Thank You for all who have given to my birthday fundraiser for the church building! You are amazing in how You work! Two of the ones to give are not even people I personally know but are friends of friends! Wow, God! Thank You for going before Doc today with the doctor appointment. Father, I pray he will be able to get chemo #5 but if that is not Your will then enable us to understand and accept. Thank You for Ben and Emily signing papers today for their new home and for my friend Sharon who is getting married today! Bless all of them in a big way! Father, I do not want to miss any opportunity to shine for You today. Will You please cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You? Will You take all of me away so You will be seen and heard through my words, actions, and attitude? Oh Father, how I want to go deeper with You. Whatever it takes for that to happen, so be it. Yes, I know those are dangerous words to pray but I trust You. I love You. I want more of You. Thank You Father for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: