Monday, July 29, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 73 - "Known"


When I was awake in the middle of the night, God told me to read Psalm 73 when I got up. This morning when I woke He had the words to "Known" going through my mind. I love how He works in my life. He knew I would wake tired and fatigued. He also knew I needed encouraged to start my day. The words to this song are...

I'm fully known and loved by You
You won't let go no matter what I do
And it's not one or the other
It's hard truth and ridiculous grace
To be known fully known and loved by You
I'm fully known and loved by You

How real, how wide
How rich, how high is Your heart
I cannot find the reasons why
You give me so much
How real, how wide
How rich, how high is Your heart
I cannot find the reasons why
You give me so much
He knows me. He knows me so well and gives me exactly what I need. Yesterday He knew it was a tough day for me because Doc was feeling so lousy. Therefore, He blessed me at church with a little guy accepting Jesus into his heart during Children's Church. After church He blessed me with a dear friend giving me back my bears that she 'bought' from me when I put them on-line to sell. She knew how much they meant to me so she gave them back. Needless to say, the tears were flowing after church. They were tears of joy. When we got home, tears of sadness flowed when I saw Doc struggling so bad. I believe this emotional roller coaster is what is causing me to be so tired. No matter how much I trust God, I am human. No matter how deep my faith, the human emotions kick in. But I am grateful for a God who encourages me to keep on and takes my faith deeper. In Psalm 73 in the English Standard Version this Psalm is entitled, "God is My Strength and Portion Forever." God knew I needed this reminder this morning. This Psalm speaks of people who get bitter against God. I have seen many who have lost a loved one, had a disease, etc. who became bitter against God. It is sad to see. But I refuse to become bitter against Him. I will stand in faith through tough days. I will not only stand in faith but allow Him to take my faith to a new level through these days. Why? Because "God is My Strength and Portion Forever." Woo hoo! Verses twenty-three through twenty-six read:

23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
    you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (ESV)

Yes! My flesh and my heart may fail...this will happen because I am human. There will be times where I doubt. There will be times where I feel like I cannot continue on in my physical body. BUT "God is My Strength and Portion Forever" so I do not have to stay in those circumstances. I can stand victorious through Him! Woo hoo! How can this happen? Because "I'm fully known and loved by" Him! Woo hoo! Once again, I am blessed in the way He works in and through me. He knows me and what I need. Therefore, He provides what I need because He loves me so greatly. Woo hoo! The last two verses are ones I can speak and mean with all my heart...

Those who abandon the worship of God will perish.
The false and unfaithful will be silenced, never heard from again.
28 But I’ll keep coming closer and closer to you, Lord Yahweh,
for your name is good to me. I’ll keep telling the world of
your awesome works, my faithful and glorious God!

I will remain true and faithful to Him. I will draw closer to Him as He guides me through the 'tough' days of life. I will continue to stand on II Timothy 1:7 as I walk in obedience to Him. As I do, He will use me for His glory. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, 
Once again, I am in awe of the way You speak to me. Giving me a song and scripture at two different times is such a blessing. I am in awe of how much You love me. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the little guy praying the prayer of salvation and the gift of my bears. Thank You for giving Doc what he needed to get through the morning. Thank You for the rest we both had yesterday afternoon. Thank You for the projects I completed on Saturday. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me this morning. I want to glorify You in my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for a filling in my physical tank as well. I just feel so tired and fatigued. Lord, I need You in a powerful way to not only get through this day but to thrive in it. May You be greater than me. Lord, I also pray for ones grieving with the loss of their loved ones yesterday. Lord, both of these ladies were in relationship with You and for that I say woo hoo! But the ones left behind are missing them greatly. I pray for people to be put in their path who will minister to their hearts. I pray for Kim and her family and Shelly's family to feel Your presence so greatly. I also pray for the families of the little guy from Oregon and the teen from Huron to feel Your presence with their losses. Lord, thank You for being My Strength and Portion Forever. Amen.

No comments: