Wednesday, July 31, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 47, 139, 30:2 - "God of All My Days"


"Read Psalm 47." Those were the words I heard during the night so this morning that is what I read. I thought, 'What if I don't feel like praising God?' or 'What if I feel like I do not have anything to praise God for as I deal with this headache?' Shame on me! There is always something to praise God for! I can praise Him for...
  • another day of life...I woke up...I'm breathing...
  • the groceries given to us yesterday...
  • Doc being able to go to children/teen activities last night...
  • the first storm out in the ocean this week not looking like it will become a hurricane...
  • the time of celebration with the children/teens last night for Carrie's and my birthdays...
  • having my Momma pray with me over the phone yesterday...
The list goes on and on. Why? Because God loves me and wants to bless me. This morning I also read Psalm 139 again after God woke me throughout the night with a song Casting Crowns sings called, "God of All My Days." He is the "God of All My Days." He is the Author of my life because I have surrendered everything to Him. I have nothing to fear because He is in control of not only the 'good' days but the 'bad' days. I will stand on II Timothy 1:7 no matter what is ahead in this day! In the first four verses of Psalm 139, I read how He not only knows me but He takes care of every step I take, every word I speak, and lives in intimacy with me. He is always with me (vs. 5-8) and guides me throughout every day (vs 9-10). I love verses eleven and twelve...

It’s impossible to disappear from you
or to ask the darkness to hide me,
for your presence is everywhere, bringing light into my night.
12 There is no such thing as darkness with you.
The night, to you, is as bright as the day;
there’s no difference between the two. (TPT)

Nothing is impossible for Him. Nothing limits Him. He never gives up and we need to do the same, no matter comes our way, He is there to empower us through. He is greater than a migraine that won't give up. He is greater than MS. He is greater than hospital bills. He is greater than chemo. He is greater than pancreatic cancer. Plain and simple, He is greater! He knows our needs and will provide just as He did yesterday with the groceries. He knows the desires of our hearts and will provide them or change them if they are not in His plans. Verses twenty-three and twenty-four in The Message are ones I live by every day as I ask Him to cleanse me so He can fill me.

Investigate my life, O God,
    find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me,
    get a clear picture of what I’m about;
See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong—
    then guide me on the road to eternal life.

Eternal life is only for those who walk in obedience to His will. We must go beyond salvation into a life of sanctification. Living a life sold-out to Him is the only way I desire to live. I may not be able to comprehend all that happens in my life but I don't have to understand. All I have to do is hold onto Him for the ride He has in store for me. He is truly the "God of All My Days" and for that I am grateful!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for knowing what I need even before I realize it! Thank You for the way You are going before me with the discussions I had with the hospital and the mortgage company yesterday. I pray the issue with the mortgage company will be resolved sooner than later so our payment doesn't increase. But, Lord, if that is not to be then I know You will provide until it does. I also pray for the way You are going to restore Doc's health as in Psalm 30:2. May he feel stronger today and be able to function more normally. pray the same for Peggy whose cancer has lessened but is still dealing with the effects of it and the treatments. I pray You take away this headache so I can lead Adult Bible Study tonight. In this song this morning it speaks of seasons of life changing. I pray for Shirley as she is in a big change in life with John's death. I pray for You to continue to be with Jim with Sandie's death; Drew with Shellie's death; and Kim's family with her mother-in-law's death so soon after her mother's death. I pray for my friend who is looking for a job to be blessed by You as she continues to bless us. Father, these are physical and emotional issues but most of all I pray for spiritual needs. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Lord, go before me today and be my words, actions, and attitude. May You ooze out of me in a new, different way so people will see/hear You instead of me. Thank You Jesus for being The "God of All May Days!" Amen.


No comments: