Monday, July 8, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Breathe"


The Lord knew what I needed reminded of when He woke me during the night with the words to a song Johnny Diaz sings...

Just breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls, but all you really need

Is to take it in, fill your lungs
It's the Peace of God that overcomes
Just breathe (Just breathe)
Let your weary spirit rest
Lay down what's good and find what's best
Just breathe (Just breathe)

Yes! We all have chaos in our lives. Some chaos comes in the form of an illness or a disease. Some comes through relationship with others. Some comes through filling our calendars too full or spending more money than we have. No matter where our chaos comes, it is not from the Lord. He is not the Father of Chaos but rather is the Father of Peace. The enemy is the father of chaos. He tries to tear us down anyway he can but God is our Strength to stand up against the enemy. We have nothing to fear when we have God as the One directing our life. He gives us a spirit of empowerment to stand up against the enemy. All we have to do is breathe Him into our being. This weekend was not as restful as the last few have been. I spent a lot of time getting things on-line to try to sell. Emotionally it was not as restful either. Doc had some better days but then Sunday it hit him hard again. It is so hard to see him feel so lousy. I'm thankful he was able to not only go to church but was able to preach. It's just hard to see him spend the rest of the day in bed but we keep believing in God's healing to happen. If it is through the chemo, then we know there has to be tough days as the chemo works. Until his healing comes I will remember to "...take it in, fill your lungs...it's the Peace of God that overcomes..." His peace is perfect! It will enable the chaos to end or at the very least quiet down. Woo hoo! Once again, I am standing on II Timothy 1:7 for the day ahead. I will not allow fear to take over my life. I will stand in God's empowerment so His love will ooze out of me and His will be accomplished through every word, action, or thought in me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of Your peace that is so perfect through this song! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You woke me up from some terrible dreams to remind me of Your peace! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. That is the only way I will be able to walk in Your peace today. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Lord, I pray for Your peace over Doc as he continues on this journey. I pray You will become more real to him than ever before. I also pray for Jim who continues on his new  journey without Sandie; Sherrie on her journey with battles in the court system; Val, Elizabeth, and Bob who are on journeys of recuperation; Steve as he and Peggy are on her journey with brain cancer; and so many others who are going through some tough journeys. May each one of us find Your peace in the chaos of life. Thank You Father for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: