Saturday, July 20, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 100 - "He Knows"


This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 100. This scripture is entitled as being one of thanksgiving. I see it as a song of praise and encouragement. I read it in different versions but The Message brought it out in language that inspired me the most. In verse two it speaks about how we are to Bring a gift of laugher... to God. We are to Enter with the password: 'Thank you!' Make yourselves at home, talking praise... in verse four. This is how we need to live twenty-four seven but it especially means how we are to worship Him. This is not just a 'Sunday' worship but a seven day a week worship. In The Passion Translation it ends Psalm 100 with...

For the Lord is always good and ready to receive you.
He’s so loving that it will amaze you—
so kind that it will astound you!
And he is famous for his faithfulness toward all.
Everyone knows our God can be trusted,
for he keeps his promises to every generation!


He loves us so much. He is kind to us and faithful in caring for us. We can trust Him with our life. But how many people do? How many of us live for Him in a way that we trust Him with all of our being? How many of us trust Him with not only our checkbook, which is easy for some to do, but also with our family, our calendar, and every decision we make? It appears like the number of people who live in His presence twenty-four seven are few and far between. That is sad. It is sad that people put other people and things ahead of God. I can't imagine how it makes the Lord feel to see people choose 'stuff' over Him. His heart must break to pieces when He sees people spending time on the things of the world instead of Him. Why would we not desire to live in His presence when we read how He loves us? How can we get involved with things the enemy entices us with instead of accepting ...His promises to every generation!? If we go deeper into this Psalm, we will see it as not only a song of praise but also a song of prophecy and one of prayer. We have much to praise Him for while on this earth but those who live in His presence on earth will have much to praise Him for in heaven for eternity. Verse two in The Passion Translation reads, As you serve Him, be glad and worship Him. Sing your way into His presence with joy! This is exactly how I want to live my life! I want to be a twenty-four seven worshipper who is filled with His joy! How can I live this type of life? By remembering the words of Matthew Henry in regards to this Scripture...

The matter of praise, and the motives to it, are very important. Know ye what God is in himself, and what he is to you. Know it; consider and apply it, then you will be more close and constant, more inward and serious, in his worship.

As I live a twenty-four seven type of life for Him, I have nothing to fear. I can stand on II Timothy 1:7 with the knowledge He gives me empowerment to love others with His love. He gives me His strength to get through 'tough' days. He enables me to live in His presence so He is the One to make all decisions in my life. I was amazed yesterday as one door closed in a particular area of my life, another one opened. I had prayed and felt I knew God's answer yet 'something' told me to keep praying. I just wasn't settled in my spirit with the situation. I believe the enemy was trying to fool me. In the 'old days' people would say I just needed to pray it through. Yesterday my prayers were answered with a peace that some would not understand. Not all my questions were answered but that is part of trusting God. He knows and that is all that matters. He may never reveal all the answers to us and that's ok. All that matters is that "He Knows."

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for physical strength yesterday to do what You put before me! Thank You for the way You closed one door and opened another in a situation in my life! Thank You for Sharon and Richard finding a place to live! Thank You for giving Doc what he needs to get through these tough days with so little energy! I pray You will strengthen him for the days ahead with church tomorrow, District Assembly the first part of the week, and chemo #3 on Wednesday. Empower us to live in Your presence so Your strength is ours in the manner You so desire. To do this we need You to cleanse us so You can fill us. I pray for more people to pray that same prayer. I pray for more people to get to the end of themselves so they will live totally for You. More of You, less of us. Thank You Jesus for being My 24/7! Amen.

1 comment:

Aritha said...

Thank you for this. May the Lord bless you.