Monday, July 15, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 97:11, 36:5 - "Nobody Loves Me Like You"


As I read Psalm 97 this morning in different versions, I went back to The Message to verse eleven...Light-seeds are planted in the souls of God’s people, joy-seeds are planted in good heart-soil. This verse took me back to Doc's sermon yesterday about the parable of the sower. He spoke about four types of soil: hard, shallow, crowded, and prepared. As he talked about the shallow soil, I thought about how it is our responsibility as mature Christians to do all we can to enable others to not have shallow soil. I compared this type of soil to having 'fair weather faith.' Doc spoke about C&E Christians who only go to church on Christmas and Easter. He also spoke about those on the fringe in a church who are not tied in. As I thought about these people, my heart broke because many times it is not their fault but instead is ours. We need to get better as discipling people. A discipleship/mentor relationship should be in all mature believers life. Why do we not see more of this happening? I believe it is because there are too many believers being happy with salvation and not taking the step of being sanctified. I am not being judgmental in any way. It is a fact that people are more tied to their calendars and checkbooks than to be sold out to God. It can be seen in every church by attendance, finances, commitment or lack of, etc. Shame on us as leaders in the church for not focusing more on this. There needs to be more church leaders listening to God instead of being worried about what the next program will be in the church or how money is going to be raised for this or that. A strong discipleship program will take care of all the necessities of the church. It will raise people up to be what God is calling them to be. This was shown at the Willard Church of the Nazarene. The time people committed to a weekly discipleship produced much fruit. Pastors accepted the call through the class, people stepped up to be leaders in the church, families were strengthen, etc. Fruit is what God desires from all of us. Doc mentioned yesterday how we may never know what happens to the seeds we plant. This is true but before the seeds can be planted we first must have 'good heart-soil' as Psalm 97 speaks of. We cannot sow good seeds ourselves until our soil is right so the seeds sown into us are rooted. In The Message Psalm 36:5 reads: God’s love is meteoric, His loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, His verdicts oceanic. This verse encourages me to not only love God but to share His love with others. Out of every reason why He has me on this earth, this is the greatest. I was put on this earth to share His love with all I meet. But before I can be the most effective in this purpose I must be in right relationship with Him. That is why I ask Him to cleanse me each morning so He can fill me. It is why I am in constant communication with Him throughout the day. His love cannot flow from me if He is not inside me. Last night before going to bed I had an emotional break-down. I prayed and felt His peace. As I laid my head down to go to sleep, I thanked Him for that peace and asked Him to continue to strengthen me throughout this journey with the pancreatic cancer. I thanked Him for where I was in relationship with Him because I do not know how I would get through such times without the closeness I have with Him. I prayed for Him to empower me to share His love in a new, different way. I was awake twice during the night. Both times I asked Him who I should pray for and both times I heard, "Daughter just rest." I am so grateful for being in a relationship with Him where I not only hear His voice but have the desire in my heart to walk in obedience to His ways. It is only then I can stand upon II Timothy 1:7 knowing His love strengthens and empowers me to walk in His will.

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for Your love that fills me up to overflowing. Father, I know the only way for this to be is for You to cleanse me. May it be so. May You not only cleanse me but may You also fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of me in a way that will draw others into relationship with You. May people not only be saved through Your love in me but may they also be sanctified. Father, thank You for the strength I saw in Doc yesterday as he preached. Thank You for his continued appetite. Thank You for encouraging us along this journey. Father, You are our hope, our strength and our empowerment and for that we are grateful. May You continue to guide our steps in the way You desire. Lord, I pray for a family member who is hospitalized to draw nearer to You today. I pray for many who are going through tough days to come into a deeper relationship with You. I also pray for all believers to get to the point in their spiritual life where the seeds sowed into them are rooted deep in their faith so they can sow good seeds themselves through Your love. Thank You Jesus for being My Deep Root! Amen.

No comments: