Thursday, July 11, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Jesus He Loves Me"


These words have such depth of meaning....

Jesus, He loves me, He loves me, He is for me
Jesus, how can it be, He loves me, He is for me

And it was a fire
Deep in my soul
I'll never be the same
I stepped out of the dark
And into the light
When He called my name


We have nothing to fear when we allow him to love us the way God intended for us to be loved. It is a two-way street. We have to love Him unconditionally and He, in return, will love us unconditionally. This is not a type of love found in the world but one only found in Him. It is a love that sometimes does not make sense yet in the end makes all the sense in the world. It is a love people in the world will make fun of or not understand and that's OK. God is the Only One we need to please. He is the Only One who will accept us as we are and love on us no matter what happens. This relationship can only be gone into when we accept Him. We must repent and ask Him in our hearts but it does not stop there. It is daily communication with Him that keeps the relationship alive. It is repenting daily and asking Him to fill us with more of Him that brings us closer in relationship with Him. This is where I desire to live. This is where I am encouraged the most to keep going even when times are tough. As I live out such a relationship, I am assured I will spend eternity with Him. I do not know how people live without His strength. There are times where I am in awe of the strength He gives me to do what He has called me to do. Sometimes when I look back on a situation all I can do is shake my head. I know there is no way I could have survived, let alone thrive through it, yet I find myself on the other side of it. Yesterday as Doc had another chemo I sat and watched all the people who came in for treatment. There were all ages of both males and females. My heart breaks for all of them but especially the younger ones. I know our story but I don't know everyone's. But that did not stop me from praying for them. I prayed not only for their physical needs but most importantly for their spiritual needs. I am grateful for the nurses who have accepted our prayers. I also am grateful for the way everything went smoothly yesterday at both the doctor office and the infusion center. "Jesus, He loves me..." was felt in a mighty way yesterday. When the doctor gave us the results of the heredity test being negative for Doc being a carrier, we rejoiced. Woo hoo! What awesome news! It does not mean Jesus doesn't love us if they would have been positive. He loves us no matter what the circumstances. He loves us so much there are times He takes us into challenges to stretch our faith. In those times, we must stay close to Him so we can not only hear His voice but follow His direction. This type of relationship with Him enables us to live in His strength and not in fear the enemy tries to put on us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Doc's treatment yesterday going well! I pray for less 'ickiness' in him today. I pray for Your strength to be his throughout this day. I also pray for You to be very real to him. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. May Your Holy Spirit ooze out of me in a new, different way today. Thank You for Bob getting back home and Serena's surgery going well. I pray for Paula as she awaits test results and Ed's mother as she goes through tests. Thank You for our Bible study time last night. May You continue to guide me as I lead. Thank You Jesus for being The One to Love Me! Amen.

No comments: