Saturday, July 13, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 139 - "Oceans"


This morning as I ponder upon Psalm 139 I wonder how God handles when people refuse Him. He is not human so He would not have the emotions we do but I think He still would hurt. Psalm 139 tells us He knows everything about us. Is it ok that I question 'why?' Doc has pancreatic cancer? Is it ok that I get mad and upset when he has lousy days? Is it ok for me to feel mentally, emotionally, physically, and financially drained yet continue to stand in His spiritual strength? Am I less of a Christ follower because of weakness showing in me? He knows the pain I feel. He knows the frustrations in my life. But He knows my heart. He knows my intentions of being as Christ-like as I can as a human being. It is ok. This morning I am a bit emotional. The desire of my heart is to be who He desires me to be. The 'what ifs' are kicking in this morning. 'What if I am not good enough or not doing what He has called me to do?' I am good enough because He is my strength and my direction. I am good enough because I am striving to live as He desires me to live. I cannot allow the enemy any foothold in my mind to tear me apart. Verse twenty-three and twenty-four of Psalm 139 in The Message are ones I will hold close to throughout this day...

Investigate my life, O God,
find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me,
get a clear picture of what I’m about;
See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong—
then guide me on the road to eternal life.

Yes! He will guide me the way He desires so I can live with Him for eternity. He will bring to the forefront of my mind anything that could keep me from being in relationship with Him. He also will heal my hurts and strengthen every aspect of my life. I have nothing to fear but instead need to lean into Him more and allow Him to guide me. His love will see me through whatever is ahead in this day. His love will empower me to be Christ-like. His love is the answer!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day! Thank You for Adam coming to visit! Thank You for Doc feeling better today! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me so I can be a beacon of light for You today! Thank You for going before me and being my words, actions, and attitude at the Outreach tonight! Father, go before me and empower me to knock the enemy down when he tries to put negative thoughts into my mind. Thank You Father for being My Guide! Amen.

No comments: