Sunday, July 14, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Church (Take Me Back)"


Before going to bed I prayed for pastors and their families. When I was awake at 3:55 the Lord had me praying specifically for those who were recently ordained and those who will be ordained in the next few weeks. He had me pray for them to listen to Him and not allow the world to sway what they did or said. He also had me pray for them to remember their family was not to be ignored for ministry. This morning these words to "Church (Take Me Back)" are going through my mind...

Take me back to the place that feels like home
To the people I can depend on
To the faith that's in my bones
Take me back to a preacher and a verse
Where they've seen me at my worst
To the love I had at first
Oh I want to go to church

Yes! This is the kind of pastor I want to be. I want to love people with God's love. I want to love people in a way the world cannot. I want to have God's love oozing out of me in a way that is contagious. When I live this way, I will fulfill God's will for my life. Woo hoo! The Lord also had me praying for retirees and their families. He had me pray that they would lean into Him and stand upon II Timothy 1:7. The future on this earth does not have to be filled with worry but instead they need to lean into His strength which will empower them. As they do this, they will realize the Holy Spirit in a new, different way. They will have His wisdom to make good decisions. I love Saturday nights of prayer for pastors. It makes me feel like I am  not only walking in obedience to the Lord but I am making a difference in not just their lives but the lives of many others.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another Saturday night of praying for pastors and their families! I pray those who were recently ordained or who will be ordained in the next few weeks will draw closer to You. I pray the same for retirees. Lord, may they stand upon II Timothy 1:7 throughout their days. May all believers stand in Your love and empowerment. May all go beyond salvation and be sanctified so they can be empowered by the Holy Spirit. Father, to do that we must be cleansed. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be greater than me today in a new, different way. May You empower Doc with Your strength to not only preach today but to feel good too. Thank You for being Our Cleanser! Amen.

No comments: