Friday, July 5, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 139 - "Build My Life"


Yesterday's verse for The Praying Wives Club was Psalm 139:5. I love this Psalm because of the way it encourages us to live in His presence. When we do, we are assured of having Him to protect us. In The Passion Version, the first five verses reads...

Lord, you know everything there is to know about me.
You perceive every movement of my heart and soul,
and you understand my every thought before it even enters my mind.
3–4 You are so intimately aware of me, Lord.
You read my heart like an open book
and you know all the words I’m about to speak
before I even start a sentence!
You know every step I will take before my journey even begins.
You’ve gone into my future to prepare the way,
and in kindness you follow behind me
to spare me from the harm of my past.
With your hand of love upon my life,
you impart a blessing to me.

These verses have so much meaning to me. God knows all. We cannot hide anything from Him. He not only knows what we do but He also knows our thoughts, dreams, and aspirations. He knows what we are going to say before we say it. He knows our thoughts before they are spoke. I love the part that reads, You've gone into my future to prepare the way, and in kindness you follow behind me to spare me from the harm of the past. Woo hoo! If that doesn't encourage, I don't know what will. When we repent of our past, it is gone. It is no longer there to haunt us unless we allow the enemy to do so. God forgives and forgets. We do not have to fear it any longer. The past is just that. The past. Too many people wallow around in their past instead of allowing God to forgive them. They seem to enjoy blaming their past on their present life. If people would just get past it and allow God to work in and through them, they would realize the blessings written of in verse five. God desires to bless each and everyone. He desires for people to repent of their sins and live a life of holiness for Him. He desires to give people a 'clean slate' to live from. One thing we all must remember is this is not a one-time thing. We must ask Him to forgive us each and every day. Before we go sleep at night, we need to confess our sins of the day. Before we get out of bed each morning, we need to ask Him to cleanse us so He can fill us. This is the only way we can live in His presence where we will be protected from the enemy. One commentary reads, "Yahweh lays His hand on the psalmist to steady him--to reassure him--to guide him--to strengthen him--not to trap him." When we live in God's presence, He will steady us, reassure us, and strengthen us. He doesn't want us to feel trapped but instead desires us to feel His love. Once again, I am standing on II Timothy 1:7 for the day ahead. I will not fear but instead will live in His presence where I will experience His strength and love. I will seek His ways and not mine. Actually, I pray for His ways to become what I desire. I do not want to live in the flesh but instead want to live with Him flowing out of me. I want to live a life worthy of His blessing. I desire to bless Him through my life. I desire to "Build My Life" on the foundation of His love. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the ways You encourage my heart! Thank You for our time to forget about cancer, chemo, hospital bills, etc. and enjoy a time of 'normalcy.' Father, may You continue to guide us through this journey until Your time of healing comes. May You give us Your strength throughout the tough days and use us in a mighty way. May You cleanse us so You can fill us with more of You. I praise Your holy name for Doc feeling better for these few days. I praise You for giving Him an appetite. Lord, continue to encourage him. Continue to love on him in a way that encourages his heart to not give up. Father, I continue to pray for Elizabeth with her pain; Miss Jasmine who endured stitches for her accident; those who will be setting off fireworks over the next few days to have Your protection upon them; and many who have spiritual needs that need to come to the end of themselves and allow You to be who You desire in their life. Thank You for going before me today and opening doors for opportunity to be You to all I meet. Lord, I pray for the situation with Wal-Mart to be resolved today in one way or another. I pray Your will and direction in this situation. Thank You Jesus for being My Foundation! Amen.

No comments: