Saturday, June 2, 2018

John 7:37-38 - "Magnify"


Sometimes a person gets so tired they don't know what to do. When it is a physical tired, relief comes by getting a good night's sleep or sometimes even just a nap. When it is a mental or emotional tired, sometimes relief comes by taking yourself out of a situation. My relief comes by taking some time to go sit by the water. The waterfront park downtown is my 'go to' place. I have found myself needing to go there just to walk or swing so many times when going through times such as another biopsy a few months ago. Going to the beach for a few hours is so relaxing for me. I am so blessed to be so close to the beach. I remember  when we lived in Willard and we would go up and sit by Lake Erie. Being by the water has always been so soothing in my spirit. I remember as a little girl visiting Blackwater Falls one time and being in awe of the soothing of the sound of the water. I was taken away in my thoughts watching and listening to the water. God made nature for so many reasons but I believe one of them was for humans to enjoy. Yesterday I was talking with a friend about Jesus being our Living Water. I was thinking this morning about how I 'need' a Vitamin Water each morning as I spend time with my Living Water. I think He has given me the desire and 'need' to be by water to be renewed in my spirit. I think about how relaxed I feel when we have gone on a cruise. Not only am I around water but I also drink in more of the Living Water as there are few distractions. What a blessing to know He is the Living Water that flows through me! That is an encouragement to me!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of our relationship this morning. Thank You for the ways You bless in abundance. Lord, You know the hurts and desires of my heart. You also know when they will be fulfilled or if they will be fulfilled. Father, thank You for being greater than my pain last night after I prayed. Thank You for soothing my spirit yesterday. Thank You for filling me with more of Yourself after You cleanse me today. Lord, direct my path today and let people see/hear You instead of me. May You be greater than myself. May You be magnified. Thank You Jesus for being My Living Water. Amen.

No comments: