Friday, June 22, 2018

Psalm 1 - "Thrive"



Throughout yesterday and during the night last night these words from "Thrive" were going through my mind....

So living water flowing through
God we thirst for more of You
Fill our hearts and flood our souls
With one desire

Just to know You and
To make You known
We lift Your name on High
Shine like the sun make darkness run and hide
We know we were made for so much more
Than ordinary lives
It's time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive

I love this song! "Joy unspeakable, Faith Unsinkable, Love Unstoppable, Anything is possible" are words of encouragement to me. They are what happens when one lives in God's presence, doing His will. He made us to shine as a beacon of light wherever He leads us. The desire of His heart is for us to not just survive in this world but to thrive. I looked up the definition of thrive and found:

1to grow vigorously flourish
2to gain in wealth or possessions prosper
3to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances  
Woo hoo! I desire to 'flourish' in my walk with Him. I desire to 'prosper' in heavenly treasures. I know as I do these things I will realize my eternal goal of living in heaven with the Lord. It takes a daily walk of obedience to do more than just survive. The enemy comes knocking all the time. He does not give up but neither does the Lord. It can be hard to stand up to the enemy time after time but as we stand in the Lord's strength it is not impossible. "Anything is possible" are words to remember. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of what You desire of us. Thank You for loving us so greatly that You do not give up on us. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your strength to not only get through this day but to enjoy it and be a beacon of light for You in the process. May Your love ooze out of me to all I meet. May Your wisdom be mine throughout this day. Lord, go before me and pave the way for what You desire in me today. Thank You for being My Living Water. Amen.

No comments: