Thursday, June 14, 2018

Hebrews 13:5 - "Miracle of the Moment"


I woke up this morning with these words going through my mind...

So breathe it in and breathe it out 
Listen to your heartbeat 
There's a wonder in the here and now 
It's right there in front of you 
And I don't want you to miss  
The miracle of the moment 


There are so many people who are looking for the next best thing. There are many who live paycheck-to-paycheck with the hopes they will make it through without overdrawing their checkbook or having an emergency. I remember those days. There was a time when we were so in debt with multiple car payments, credit cards maxed out, etc. Then the Lord woke us up to the realization that is not how to live. Buying everything in sight is not the way He desires of us to live. 'Stuff' is not what is important in life. The desires we have are not what is important unless they are the desires of His heart. I did not think we would ever get out from under the mess we were in but after a couple of years we did. Praise His Holy Name! It was only by listening to Him that was accomplished. It was not easy but it was well worth the effort we put forth. Learning to not buy unless you had the money was one of the most important lessons to learn. Going out to eat occasionally instead of regularly was hard yet saved so much money. Learning to put God first was the lesson that truly blessed me. As He brought people to my mind to bless instead of spending money on myself, I was blessed. These last few months of going back to bare minimum income have been challenging yet God continues to bless us. Do I know where the money is going to come from to pay the thousands of dollars of medical bills? No but I know who does and that is all that matters. I am grateful for the way He gives peace in such situations. I also am grateful for the way He gives wisdom in how to deal with them. Even though the assistance we thought would happen fell through...He has a plan. I am looking forward to seeing Him glorified throughout this situation. Woo hoo!

There's only one who knows  
What's really out there waiting 
In all the moments yet to be 
And all we need to know 
Is He's out there waiting 
To Him the future's history 


Yes....what is ahead is history to God. There is no second guessing with Him. He already knows what will occur and will take us deeper in our faith in the process. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for the knowledge that what lies ahead is in Your hands. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. Take anything that may separate us out of me. Forgive me for allowing people/situation to steal my joy. You are my Joy and I do not want anything to ever separate us. No matter what is happening in life, no matter what struggles occur I desire Your peace and Your joy. The only way for that to happen is to live in Your presence. Father, be with my friends today who are going through tough days. The Jones, Knox, and Nead families with the death of loved ones. Paula as she goes for an appointment today and Nancy as she recuperates from surgery. I especially pray for those who are struggling spiritually to find You today in the midst of the trials of life. Thank You Jesus for being My Past, Present and Future. Amen.

No comments: