Sunday, June 17, 2018

John 3:22-36 - "Different"


Before going to sleep last night I prayed for pastors. I reminded God of how tired I was but I told Him if He needed me to pray, He would need to wake me. At 3:08 He woke me to pray with these words to "Different" going through my mind...

I wanna be different
I wanna be changed
'Til all of me is gone
And all that remains
Is a fire so bright
The whole world can see
That there's something different
So come and be different
In me

I told Him I thought this was a strange song to have as I prayed for pastors. This should be the way of life of all believers but most especially pastors. If we don't ask God to cleanse us daily so He can fill us, it would be mighty hard to live in His presence. Then He gave me some specific ways to pray for pastors. He said there are many who fall into these traps of the enemy. Those who...

  • trust but only to a point and then they begin to doubt.
  • listen to man instead of Him or who try to please man instead of Him.
  • rely on their own personal strength first instead of allowing His strength to pour through them.
  • are in blatant sin yet are denying it.
  • know they are not living in His presence but have made the conscience decision to stay where they are.
  • are in a disagreement with another person yet refuse to be the one to take the first step at reconciliation.
In the third chapter of John we have the account of John the Baptist baptizing Jesus. There were some who questioned John about Jesus. His reply was there was no one greater than Jesus. He explained the only way to have anything in life was through Christ. He also said in verse thirty-one, "He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heave is above all" (NKJV). This shows the Lord's superiority over man. John continues speaking of eternal life with the Lord will happen when we believe. Christ desires all to live for Him. He desires all to live in His presence. That takes work on our part. During the night and again this morning I prayed specifically for pastors who have slipped out of a close relationship with Him. Some of them are going through tough times in their church, others are going through tough times in their personal relationships, and others are going through dark days of doubt of Him. Some feel He has left them but it is them themselves who have wandered away from Him. I pray they will come back to Him. All is takes is realizing "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:30). 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing of praying for pastors on Saturday nights. Thank You for the privilege I have to preach this morning. May You be exalted through what You have given me. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray that same prayer for other believers but especially pastors. I pray they will get to the end of themselves and allow You to work in and through them. Lord, be greater than the things of this earth. Open eyes that need opened. Close doors that need closed. Most of all be greater than all believers. I praise You for the 87 years You gave me with my earthly Daddy. I miss him so greatly but am blessed in knowing he is with You. Thank You Jesus for being My Heavenly Daddy. Amen.

No comments: