Sunday, June 10, 2018

Nehemiah 8:10b - "Diamonds"


Pastors are precious people in my life. I love how the Lord has me pray on Saturday nights for them. Last night He woke me multiple times for my prayers. He had me pray specifically for those who will walk into their church this morning with a smile on their face yet no joy in their spirit. He prompted me to pray for them to realize He desires to be their strength. He told me there are some who feel like He has left them but He has not. "The joy of the Lord is my strength" (Nehemiah 8:10b) needs remembered. Unfortunately, the enemy has taken their joy through other people, schedules, etc. He directed me to pray for them to come to the end of themselves and walk back into His joy. It saddens me to think of such circumstances yet I know that feeling. There were times in the past where I was in their shoes. I am so grateful for the way He allows me to walk in His joy even in times such as last Tuesday where I became emotionally and physically drained. I am blessed in being able to walk in His joy even in times of difficulty. It has not always been that way but I can truly say it is a much easier way to walk this life. Once again I am amazed how the Lord brings a song to my mind when I first wake to what He has me reading in His Word. There is a part of Hawk Nelson's song "Diamonds" that goes...

Oh the joy of the Lord
It will be my strength
When the pressure is on
He's making, he's making

He's making diamonds, diamonds
Making us rise up from the dust
He is refining in his timing
He's making diamonds out of dust
Making diamonds out of us

God uses tough situations to refine our spirits. He desires us to walk with Him, in His joy. Sometimes that means He has to put pressure on us so we will rely on Him instead of ourselves. Sometimes He uses others to open our eyes to the desires of His heart. I think of Paul's writing in Colossians 3...
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritancefrom the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.
God's direction here on how we are to live as a Christian household are not just for some but for all. Verses twenty-three and twenty-four are crucial to remember when ministering. When we try to please everyone else but God, we will struggle. He is the only One we need to worry about pleasing. I remember in our first senior pastorate how God brought this to my mind because I was struggling so greatly as I tried to do everything, everyone wanted. When He brought me to the reminder of this verse, I was given freedom in saying 'no' unless He prompted me to say 'yes.' Life changed in a wonderful way at that time. Last night He had me praying for those in ministry to remember these verses. When they do, His joy will take over their spirits.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You use me to pray for my brothers and sisters in ministry. I love my Saturday nights of prayer. I am praying more of them will have the smile of joy on their faces. May they find Your joy through walking in Your strength. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I praise You for Joshua being out walking last night. I praise You for the time we've had with Craig, Jenny, and the girls. I praise You for the way You are healing my breast. I praise You for Nada being able to walk in the Relay for Life. I praise You for the way You are with Paula during her time of intense pain. Lord, I pray for a cancellation so she can have surgery sooner. Lord, You are so awesome in all the ways You bless us. May we continue to walk in Your strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy. Amen.

No comments: