Saturday, June 16, 2018

Psalm 64 - "Fear Is A Liar"

The Lord woke me up this morning with two things on my mind. The first was He told me to read and ponder upon Psalm 64. The second were these words from "Fear Is A Liar"...

Let Your fire fall and cast out all my fears
Let Your fire fall Your love is all I feel

These words are ones I need reminded of from time to time. The enemy tries to cause fear in my mind but God is greater. The enemy uses people and circumstances to cause doubt but God is greater. The enemy thinks he has control over me but God is greater. Plain and simple, God is greater. I get frustrated with people and the way they will let the enemy have control of their lives but just because they allow it does not mean I have to. Even when their circumstances affect my life, I still do not have to allow the enemy any foothold. Psalm 64 ends with this verse...


Yes! I am praying this morning for the Lord to empower me to stand up in Him against the ways of the enemy. I am praying for the Lord to open people's eyes to the way the enemy is working in their lives. When David penned this Psalm, he realized God was the only way to help him as he dealt with his enemies. The same is true today. God is the only way to stop the 'junk' that is going on. He is the only way to get people to realize how far they have gone away from Him. Matthew Henry writes of verses seven through ten of Psalm 67...

When God brings upon men the mischiefs they have desired on others, it is weight enough to sink a man to the lowest hell. Those who love cursing, it shall come upon them. Those who behold this shall understand, and observe God's hand in all; unless we do so, we are not likely to profit by the dispensations of Providence. The righteous shall be glad in the Lord; not glad of the misery and ruin of their fellow-creatures, but glad that God is glorified, and his word fulfilled, and the cause of injured innocence pleaded effectually. They rejoice not in men, nor in themselves, nor in any creature, or creature enjoyments, nor in their wisdom, strength, riches, or righteousness; but in Christ, in whom all the seed of Israel are justified and glory, and in what he is to them, and has done for them.
I do not desire people to be miserable but if that is what it takes to open their eyes up to the way they are living, so be it. The desire of my heart is to see Him glorified. In order for that to happen people have to allow Him to take the enemy out of their lives. The enemy will not go without a fight but oh how I pray for people to realize the enemy's ways are not the way to live. He needs taken down where he is messing in relationships. He needs to be out of marriages, families, work places, etc. He needs out but the only way that will happen is for people to allow God to be their strength so He will be glorified through their circumstances. My heart breaks for so many believers who are allowing the enemy free reign in their life. The Holy Spirit is the only one who should have such a privilege. Unfortunately, the enemy has wormed his way into them and has them fooled. May the Lord open eyes up to his deceiving.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for being greater than anything else in life. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit who has free reign in my life. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Be my strength when the enemy comes knocking at my door. I pray for people who have allowed him into their lives to realize it and stand up against him. I pray for their hearts to be filled with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Lord, go before those who are hurting today in their physical bodies. I pray for Paula, Nancy, Nada, John, and Ben. I also continue to pray for those hurting in their emotional bodies with the death of a loved one. Be their strength in a way they will realize only can be from You. Lord, I also pray for believers who have allowed the enemy into their lives to have their eyes opened. They don't even realize what they have done yet he is prowling around so greatly. Lord, protect us from them. Empower us through Your Holy Spirit to be who You desire us to be even as we are attacked. Thank You Jesus for being Our Fire. Amen.

No comments: