Monday, June 4, 2018

Psalm 16 - "O' Lord"


"I will stand my ground where Hope can be found...I will stand my ground where Hope can be found..." These words are going through my mind this morning to the point I had to get up and spend some time with My Heavenly Father to get this day started off right. There is just too much 'junk' going on. Some of it I feel is a spiritual attack. There is one part that I know is God seeing just how deep our faith is. The emotional 'junk' causes stress that I try so hard to not give into. I refuse to allow the enemy any foothold in my life. I do not like roller coasters and I surely don't like this roller coaster ride we are on. The song continues...

Oh, O'Lord O'Lord I know You hear my cry
Your love is lifting me above all the lies
No matter what I face This I know in time
You'll take all that is wrong and make it right
You'll take all that is wrong and make it right

Yes! He will "take all that is wrong and make it right" in His time and as I allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through me. When I asked the Lord what He wanted me to read this morning, He said "Psalm 16." The tears are flowing. I am so blessed by Him over and over again. The words of this Psalm are exactly the encouragement I needed to hear. There were times in the past where I would have given up with all that has come our way. But not now. I do not have to do anything on my own strength because I am empowered by the supernatural empowerment of God. He is greater than a dead hard drive on my laptop. He is greater than Doc being off work three more weeks. He is greater than the time it has taken to get building permits. He is greater than health issues. He is greater than being in an MRI for two hours. Plain and simple. He is greater. Woo hoo! Psalm 16 reinforces that He is My Refuge (vs 1); My Portion and My Cup (vs 5); My Counselor (vs 7); My Focus (vs 8); My Rest and My Security (vs 9); and My Joy (vs 11).

Dear Jesus,
Thank You seems so inadequate for all You do for me but I am so grateful You have me in the point of life where I refuse to give up. Thank You for taking me to Psalm 16 which gives me a renewed outlook on life. Thank You for giving peace in the midst of the storms of life. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. Be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Thank You for the safety on the drive to Charleston yesterday. Thank You for the message You put on Doc's heart to share yesterday morning. Lord, this week is full of challenges with my laptop not working and having school work to do. But just as You already reminded me...You are greater. Give Doc and I wisdom with the issues ahead in this week. Give us love and grace for one another as we share a laptop. Give me wisdom with how to accomplish my school work without have the proper programs. Father, most of all I pray for You to shine through me as a beacon of light in this world that can be so dark. I also ask continued prayers for strength for Paula and wisdom for her doctors. Thank You Jesus for being My Everything. Amen.

No comments: