Saturday, June 23, 2018

II Timothy 1:7 - "Fear is a Liar"


As I was praying over the prayer emphasis list for this week, the Lord brought to me II TImothy 1:7. I thought about how these children need someone in their life to be Jesus to them. They need to know Jesus' love in a way that will enable them to not give into the fears of the enemy. He also brought the song "Fear Is a Liar" into my mind. The enemy is destroying our children with lies. He is convincing them they are "not good enough...not right...not strong enough...not worthy...not loved...not beautiful...troubled...forever be alone...never find a home...dirty...ashamed..." He is a liar who needs knocked off the pedestal he has taken in their lives. I am praying these words over the children in this world...
Let Your fire fall and cast out all my fears
Let Your fire fall Your love is all I feel


Prayer Focus : 6/22/18
Children
Children are the heartbeat of God. He cares so deeply for children. Let's join heaven and cry out for the children all over this world.
~ foster system
~ adoption agencies
~ abortion clinics to close
~ children in abusive homes 
~ children in poverty 
~ children with physical illness and disease 
~ children in religion who carry a false view of God
~ children to be raised up who know the power and love of God
~ our own children that God has entrusted us with
~ protection over minds and hearts of children
Our children are so vulnerable in the day we are living in. Let's cover all these precious lives this week.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You will bless my prayers for children. Thank You for the lives that will be touched through the efforts of many prayers. Father, this morning I pray a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for You to be greater than me throughout this day. My heart breaks that I cannot be with my family today at the annual picnic. I pray for You to be extra close to me as I go throughout this day. I pray for You to be greater than sadness and love on me extra hard. Father, I also pray for those who are going through tough times with family situations. My friend with an addicted father who needs rehab; another friend whose mother is awaiting surgery for possible cancer; Paula who will have surgery Tuesday; Nancy who is dealing with surgery results; Nada who is having radiation; Lynne's family with the loss of their four-legged baby; a family in turmoil...may the enemy not have any foothold in these situations. Father, once again I pray for the children around this world to have someone who will be You to them. Thank You Jesus for being My Fire. Amen.


No comments: