Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Isaiah 43 - "I Am Not Alone"

cThroughout the night the Lord woke me up to pray for four people who feel like they cannot  bear one more thing in life. Once again He had the song "I Am Not Alone" going through my mind. He had me pray for them to realize the depth of these words...

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear
I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

All four of them know Him and have a relationship with Him. They all believe in Him as their Savior. They also have all depend upon Him. Their faith is wavering as everything seems to go wrong in life. One door after another not only closes but is slammed in their face. I prayed for them to go deeper in their faith and hold onto Him during these tough days. I asked the Lord to reveal Himself to them in a deeper way. I prayed for physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength. I also prayed the enemy would be knocked down in their situation. In some of these situations the enemy has been given too much credit. He thrives in such places. He has their eyes blinded to what they need to do through the Lord's strength and empowerment. Oh how I pray for the Lord to open their eyes. I not only pray for their relationships with the Lord but with their relationships with others. I pray for healing in their spirits. 

He took me back to Isaiah 43 again this morning as I prayed for these ones. The first seven verses show God's love for us. It shows how His love never changes. Even when we seem to be slipping away from Him, He never leaves us. We do not have to fear the enemy because we have the Lord's strength to stand up against him. Even when going through fire and water we can know He is with us. As we stand in His faith, others will see and marvel at how we live life. They will desire the same as Isaiah talked of in verses eight through thirteen. Verses fourteen through twenty-one are exciting to read of the way He will deliver us from the 'junk' of this world. He will be glorified when we allow Him to direct us through life. The last verses of this chapter reiterate the need to repent and stand upon His promises. I pray each morning for the Lord to cleanse me. This is the only way He can fill me with His Holy Spirit. As I walk in His Spirit, I live in His presence. That is where true peace is found in the midst of the storms of life. I am praying His peace over these four. I pray they will soon realize the words of Isaiah 18-21...

“Forget about what’s happened;
    don’t keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new.
    It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it?
There it is! I’m making a road through the desert,
    rivers in the badlands.
Wild animals will say ‘Thank you!’
    —the coyotes and the buzzards—
Because I provided water in the desert,
    rivers through the sun-baked earth,
Drinking water for the people I chose,
    the people I made especially for myself,
    a people custom-made to praise me." (MSG)


Tough days will not last forever but while they happen we need to continue to seek God and realize He is greater than the 'junk' the enemy throws our way.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for these four people who are going through tough days. Father, draw them closer to You so they can feel Your empowerment to stand firm in their faith. Where their faith is wavering, may You be the strength to enable them to stand strong. Lord, I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. I pray for a physical, emotional, mental, financial, and most of all spiritual strength today that will be greater than ever before in my spirit. May You be the Healer of every aspect of my life. May You continue to guide me with my school work. Lord, I also pray for one who is not in relationship with You to find You as the decisions she is making are affecting not only herself but her family and friends. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.

No comments: