Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Galatians 5:1-9 - "I Can Only Imagine"


I woke up this morning to these words to "I Can Only Imagine"...

I can only imagine what it will be like
When I walk by your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see
When your face is before me
I can only imagine

How appropriate with the way praying for friends who are going through the loss of a loved one has been a part of my life the few days. When I received word of Connie being in ICU on Saturday, my prayers were for comfort for the family. Then when I received word of Mark's death Sunday, prayers for comfort for that family started. Yesterday when Connie's family was told she there was no longer brain activity, I prayed for decisions that needed made. I also was praying yesterday for the decisions that were needed made by Mark's family. Death is final as far as this earth goes but praise God when our loved ones know Christ it is not final. We can be assured of them continuing life for eternity with Jesus. That gives us hope. We all must be ready to see Him at all times. We never know when our time on this earth will be up. Whether it be He calls us home to be with Him or it be that He returns for us, we must be ready. 

I can only imagine when that day comes
And I find myself standing in the sun
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
I can only imagine

I will admit there are days on this earth that I wish He would call me home. I get so tired of the battles the enemy puts before me. I get tired of watching other people living in the 'junk' of this world. It seems like there are days that are too hard to handle. There are days I wish He would return so this world would be no longer. But then I realize I am being selfish. There are too many people who are not right with Him so they are not ready for His return. There are still too many in my little world who need the Gospel of Jesus Christ given to them. There also are too many people who have not given themselves fully to Him. They are kidding themselves that they are fine with Him but the Lord is not being fooled. 

As I pray for these two families, I pray the ones who are not right with God will come into relationship with Him through their deaths. I pray for comfort in these days of great loss. I pray they will be able to think about how their loved one is no longer dealing with the 'junk' of this world but instead is "Surrounded by" His glory...dancing with Jesus...in His presence..." Thinking about that soothes the hurts and pain of loss of our loved one from this earth. Asking the Lord to enable us to get through these days thinking of the good memories we have of our loved one helps us to get through them. I'm also praying today for Jeremy's family as it draws closer to the one year anniversary of his death. I'm so glad they are choosing to remember the good times they had while he was on this earth. I know they still have many days of tears but I am grateful the Lord is their strength.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with those who are dealing with the loss of a loved one. Thank You for being their strength. Father, may they hold onto the memories they have as they walk in these hard days. I pray for them to turn to You for strength. I know myself how hard it is to go through days without a loved one. There are many days I wonder how life would be different if Naomi would not have been murdered. I am grateful for the memories I have of her and the ways You bring her to my mind. I also am grateful for the memories of my Daddy. I am thankful You took him from this earth in the manner You did and in the timing You did so he no longer suffered. Many loved ones have left this earth and I am thankful for the knowledge they will spend eternity with You. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me so I can share You with others. Use me to make a difference on where people will spend eternity. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day so people will see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I praise Your Holy Name for the continuation of healing in my breast. I praise You for a clear mammogram. I praise You for the way You are working through my schooling to lead me in the direction You so desire. You are so awesome, Lord! Thank You for being My Eternity! Amen.


No comments: