Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Proverbs 3 - "Trading My Sorrows"


The Lord sure did show Himself to me yesterday in so many different ways...

  • When I first went into the MRI tube and He gave me the idea to calculate how many songs it would be to fill the two hours (I calculated it would take about thirty-forty 3-4 minutes songs so chose to focus on thirty-five.) I started with 35 and counted backwards as they played and the time went faster than I imagined. When I couldn't hear the music because of the noise of the MRI, I prayed and the Lord knew He was with me. (It took 23!)
  • The things He did during those two hours of laying for four MRI's...the way I started having a hot flash after the contrast was given and I prayed for the breath of the Holy Spirit to empower me and immediately the machine moved to where my head was in an open area with air.
  • When I realized I was going to be late for my doctor appointment, I prayed for whatever the Lord desired. It was truly a miracle Dr. Mansker saw me even though I was a half hour late due to the MRI starting late.
  • The strength He gave me as I fell apart with the news that I had to have an ultra sound with a biopsy immediately on 'Betty Lou' (my left breast). The peace He gave me after the initial falling apart. 
  • The way He worked it out for Doc to be with me was so wonderful. The time He gave us to sit by the water and talk while we waited on the time to go for the ultrasound.
  • As I was registering, I asked if I could have my mammogram done while I was there instead of returning on the 19th. When she checked, they said no but when I went back the technician said she was going to do it so I didn't have to come back.
  • Dr. Mansker was there in that particular office to read the results and counsel me.
  • It was totally amazing when the doctor said nothing showed on the ultrasound so no biopsy was needed. She is hoping the antibiotic takes care of things and I am praying that is part of God's plan.
Yesterday seems like a blur with all that happened. By the end of the day I was ready to ran away. The enemy tried hard to pull me down but my Lord is greater than anything thrown my way. Yesterday morning I sent a message to a group of prayer warriors who I know will pray for me in times such as the day that was ahead. My dear sister-in-Christ Crystal sent this response...


I read proverbs 3 this morning and prayed these things for you. 
That you will remember the Scriptures and they will bring you peace. That your love and faithfulness will bring you favor with God and man as you go through this difficult day. That you will not lean on your own understanding. That your love and fear for the Lord will bring health to your body. That you will seek and find wisdom and understanding. That your pleasant spirit will give peace to your day. That God will keep you safe and your foot will not stumble, even with MS. That you will find a moment to rest and your sleep will be sweet. That the Lord would be at your side throughout the day. That you will be blessed as you serve both the lady this afternoon and the children tonight for God has given you the resources and power to serve. That the Lord would bless your home. That God’s favor would be on you and Doc, God’s humble servants.

These are the kind of things God gives of encouragement to me. He knows what I need and He fulfills those needs. He encourages me through people in so many ways. Having fifteen children and teens in our home last night was an encouragement. Our Tuesday night group keeps my faith strong in times when it seems like nothing is going right with the church. The children keep me encouraged with the knowledge He brought us hear for many reasons and one of them is to share Him. He is the reason I'm "Trading My Sorrows" and embracing His strength and love throughout these days.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for the way You encourage me through tough days like yesterday through all the ways You showed Yourself. Thank You for the strength to get through such days. Thank You for the peace You gave throughout the day. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I desire to be Your servant in a mighy way today. May You ooze out of me in just the way You desire. I pray for Paula as she goes to Charleston today. I pray they will have answers for her to be out of her pain. I also pray for Joshua who is in surgery right now on his back. May he feel You throughout this process. Be with him and his family in the days ahead. Continue to heal Doc's hands and give him wisdom with the church. I also pray for the injections Carrie received in her back to give her relief. I pray for her doctors to have wisdom. I also pray for wisdom with all of the bills that are going in from Doc's surgeries and with the ones that will be coming in from all I went through yesterday. I know You will provide just as You always have. Thank You for being My Joy. Amen.

No comments: