Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Hebrews 11:1-2 - "Magnify"

This morning the Lord took me to Hebrews 11, the 'faith chapter.' As I read through it, I thought about how the people spoken of in this chapter were all from the Old Testament. They all lived by faith in a time of life when the Law was lived by so greatly. How did that happen? How did they survive living by faith during those days? The only answer is God. He was their strength. There are many people today who live by the world's ways instead of God's ways. I do not know how they survive the 'junk' of this life. I also do not understand how living in the 'junk' the enemy puts in this world is preferred over living with the Lord in control. Hebrews 11:1-2 reads...


Living by faith is the only way to live in His empowerment. The deeper one goes in relationship with God, the deeper their faith will go. There is no greater way to live in peace in the midst of turmoil than to live by faith. How will my medical test turn out? How will the bills get paid? When will the building permits happen? How will I get through these tough days? Why did this or that happen? All of these questions may not be answered or maybe they won't be answered in the timing desired BUT when living by faith, it does not matter. All that matters is knowing God is in control. He will empower us to get through tough days as He strengthens us physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. When His timing of a loved one's death occurs, He is there to enable us to get through it. When the enemy comes knocking at our door, His strength becomes greater than our own strength. The key to living is found in having faith in Him. When we feel our faith shrinking, we can read Hebrews 11 and be encouraged by all the people listed from the Old Testament that walked by faith when it didn't make sense. There are people today who look at people who walk by faith and they shake their heads. They do not understand how there can be peace in the midst of the storms of life. They are perplexed at how someone can be attacked over and over again by the enemy and yet have the joy of the Lord in their heart. Somethings do not make sense to people who do not have a relationship with God or even to those who know Him yet have not given everything over to Him. I am burdened for such people. I pray for more people to not only accept Him into their heart but also for those who have accepted Him yet are still holding onto things instead of giving Him full control. There are so many people in this world who could have a greater faith if they would just allow Him to work in and through them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You give to stretch my faith. Father, I pray for Your strength to continue to empower me through 'tough days.' Lord, may You cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May Your strength be my strength in a different, new way today. You know the things on my plate and You also know things I am not aware of. May You go before me and guide me through this day. I also pray for Nancy who is going through surgery this morning. I pray for a miracle in her health. I also pray for Nada as she undergoes another radiation treatment; the Knox, Jones, and Nead families who have experienced the loss of a loved one the last few days; John as he goes for a check-up with his cancer doctor; Meghan as she continues to seek answers for her medical needs; Sharon as her foot continues to heal; Marlene as her body becomes adjusted to a new way of life; and Ben with his injured foot. Lord, be greater than the needs of these ones...be so close to them that they will lean upon Your strength...be their empowerment over the situations they are dealing with. May their faith in You become greater during the tough days they are experiencing. Thank You Jesus for being My Faith Maker. Amen.

No comments: