Monday, June 18, 2018

Isaiah 43:1-3 - "I Am Not Alone"



Last night I watched a video from the ordination service from the East Ohio District. The special music was the song "I Am Not Alone." As I listened to it, I thought about how appropriate it was to have that song for an ordination service. It was a great reminder for pastors that the Lord is always with them. He is with them in the 'good' days and in the 'bad' days. This is not just for pastors but for everyone. We all go through days where we feel like we can't continue on. There just seems to be more of those such days in the life of a pastor. Part of this is because of the heavy load a pastor carries with other people's burdens. Another part is because of the knowledge we are responsible for sharing the Gospel so others will be saved. We must remember we are not responsible for saving people but only to be the instrument in the process as God leads. Another reason a pastor feels alone many times is because they cannot share with another human being what is on their heart. They can only share with God. That can give a feeling of being separated from other humans. The thing we must always remember is that God loves us and desires what is best for us. He sets us apart for His will when we accept Him in our heart and allow Him full reign of our lives. He gives peace in the midst of the storms. He provides in unimaginable ways in times of need. Matthew Henry writes of the beginning verses of Isaiah:

True believers are precious in God's sight, his delight is in them, above any people. Though they went as through fire and water, yet, while they had God with them, they need fear no evil; they should be born up, and brought out. The faithful are encouraged. 

No matter what life throws our way, God is there with us. His strength will not only get us through tough situations but it will strengthen our faith in the process. His love is greater than the evil one. His presence in our life will snuff out any fear that tries to overtake us. There are no truer words than these...

You’re my strength 
You’re my defender 
You’re my refuge in the storm
Through these trials 
You’ve always been faithful 
You bring healing to my soul

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of this song. Thank You for never leaving me. Thank You for the three hands that were raised yesterday to go deeper with You. Father, may You be their strength as the enemy will try so hard to knock them down this week. May You cleanse me today and fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a different, new way. This morning I am praying for pastors who are feeling like they are alone. I pray they will realize You are there for them. I pray for spouses and families of pastors who have a different life than most. May You be the center of their homes. I also pray for You to be the strength of many who are going through tough physical days. I pray for Joshua, Nancy, Paula, Ben, Nada, Clarence, Carletta, little JJ, Waitman and Cindy who need Your touch on their bodies. I continue to pray for the ones who need an emotional touch with the death of their loved ones. Most of all Lord I pray for those who need a spiritual healing to come to the end of themselves and allow You to be their Lord of Lords and King of Kings. Thank You Jesus for being My Refuge in the Storms of Life. Amen.

No comments: