Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Isaiah 6:6-8 - "God of All My Days"


I woke up this morning to a song Casting Crowns sings called "God of All My Days"...

'cause You are the God of all my days
Each step I take, You make a way
I will give You all my praise
My sins exchanged, You stayed the same
You are the God of all my days


This song brings tears to my eyes. God is with me every single second of the day. If He did not love me so greatly, I would not be where I am today. He is the reason I have breath. He is the One to direct my steps. He is my Hero. He gave the life of His son to take care of the sins of all people. What a wonderful way to show His love to us. I can't imagine not showing love back to Him by living in His will and presence. That is what He desires of me. He does not want me to live in this world but instead He desires me to live in His presence. He is my Strength when the enemy comes knocking. He is my Protector from the junk of this world. He is my Encourager when life gets tough. He is my Healer when my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual lives need healed. He is my Everything. How do people get through life without Him? I can't imagine life without Him. I think of the story of Isaiah's commission I read again this morning. If I can't imagine not having Him in my life, why do I not share Him with others more so they can experience the same? Just as He commissioned Isaiah, He has commissioned me. I need to get better at fulfilling that commission. It seems of late that life has become too hectic. I know I've missed some opportunities He put before me. Oh Lord, forgive me. I do not want to be so busy that I miss what He has for me. I also need to continue to pray for those who are not in relationship with Him to find Him and those who know Him to go deeper so they get to the end of themselves.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being who You are in my life. Father, I am so sorry for the opportunities I have missed over the last few weeks. I love You so much and do not want to disappoint You. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a new, different way. May people see You instead of me today. Father, I pray for Paula who is preparing to go into surgery; Brian who is in the hospital; John who continues with chemo treatments; Nada as she goes to her radiation today; and strength for Doc as he goes to work today. May You be greater than their physical issues. Thank You Jesus for being The God of All My Days. Amen.



No comments: