Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Romans 12:1-2 - "Different"


The Lord woke me once again to these words...

I wanna be different
I wanna be changed
'Til all of me is gone
And all that remains
Is a fire so bright
The whole world can see
That there's something different
So come and be different
In me


Yes! Earlier this year the Lord gave me 'different, new' as a way to pray for my life. I don't want to ever get caught up in the familiar or find myself being comfortable. Instead I desire to be doing what He wants of me every day. I don't believe He keeps us in the same daily routine but instead mixes life up. He created us to be His servants. As His servant we need to be looking for 'different, new' ways to do His will. As we walk in obedience, there will be times where we are at a loss on what to do or how to do it. But nothing is a surprise to Him. He already knows what we need to do and the manner in which to do it. He knows. That is something we need to remember. We do not have to know things nor do we need to know the outcome. All we need to know is He is with us at all times and directing every step we take and every word we use. We also do not need to worry about how others act or react in this world. In ministry, we need to have accountability partners but the bottom line is that we are accountable to God. When others don't seem to be listening and following God, we are not responsible for their actions. We should pray for them and if the Lord directs, we should talk with them but we are not responsible for anyone's actions other than our own. We are not to be judgmental nor are we to be critical of others. God will take care of everyone in His time and in His ways. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders this morning for me to be "Different" for You. Thank You for giving me the desire in my heart to live for You. Thank You for enabling me to hear Your voice and to walk in obedience. Father, I pray people saw me as "Different" yesterday in my words and actions. I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so the same can be said for the day ahead. I pray for You to be so great in me that people will desire what I have in You. Lord, I also thank You for the reminder that I am not responsible for others actions. I do want to pray for some in my little world who need their eyes opened to what they are doing. May they see how they are kidding themselves in being OK with You as they make decisions against You. I also pray for people who are on the fringe of making a decision for You. Put someone in their path today that will make a difference for them. I also pray for some families who need reconciliation. I pray the believers in them will walk in obedience to You so reconciliation can occur. I continue to pray for a healing in Doc's body. I pray for him to have a good day as he seeks more of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Different. Amen.

No comments: