Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - "Go Rest High"



Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes emotions run very wild. Yesterday I was celebrating in my heart the birth of my 'baby' thirty three years ago but I also was grieving for the loss of my Momma's last living sibling. I cannot imagine the emotions she is going through as she deals with Uncle Buddy's death. She was not only a sister but she was the oldest so she was the 'big sister' who watched over them. She was the one they called regularly for advice, to check on her, to complain, etc. She was their spiritual strength when theirs was gone. It has only been thirteen months since Uncle Ofie died and ten months since my brother Gene died. The grief from those two deaths is still fresh yet here it is time to grieve again. We can be thankful Uncle Buddy is no longer struggling for breath but instead is breathing freshness in heaven. We also can be thankful it was only four or five days of Hospice care until he took his last breathe. Even though we have these things to be thankful for, it still hurts for the loss. Today I am praying strength for my Momma, his children and grandchildren, and all of those mourning his death. I am praying emotional strength for myself as I feel so helpless being here instead of Ohio. I am praying for the weather to be decent for calling hours Friday and the funeral Saturday. I also am praying for the minister as she brings the message on Saturday. There are many of Uncle Buddy's family who are not in relationship with the Lord and they need to hear the Gospel. I pray she is bold in her preaching and that they will have open ears to the Word. I also pray after the funeral there will be people put in their paths who will cultivate the seeds she plants. We never know when our time on this earth will be over. It does not matter our age or health. We must be ready at all times to spend eternity with Jesus.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the celebration of Ben's birth yesterday along with the celebration of Uncle Buddy's home coming. His death was a celebration in knowing He is no longer dealing with physical ailments but now has a new body in heaven. Father, I pray for those grieving his death to seek You. I pray they will come to know You in a different, new way. May they receive Your peace throughout these days. I also pray for peace in my spirit about not being able to be with my family. This season of my life is here and I need to remember that in times such as this. I pray for a filling in my spirit today with more of You. Cleanse me so I can be a beacon of light for You in a different, new way. Use me to promote Your Kingdom. Thank You Jesus for being My Season Designer. Amen.

No comments: