Friday, December 29, 2017

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Healer"

After getting woke up my Mordecei at 12:30AM I could not go back to sleep. I was so tired yet no matter what I tried nothing helped. Finally at 2:30 I asked God if there was someone I was to pray for. You would think I would know by now to ask that question when I am first woke up but I thought it was just Mordecei getting me up. I am coming to realize God uses him at times to wake me. He told me to pray for 'Cindy' and when I asked 'Cindy who?' His response was 'all Cindy's.' Alrighty then. Even though I thought this was strange I started thinking of different Cindy's I knew and prayed.
  • One who had breast cancer several ago...to remain cancer free
  • One who struggles with the loss of her parents, her upbringing, etc....to find peace
  • A pastor's wife who lives far away from some of her children...to make every moment of her time with them
  • A pastor's wife with a special needs child...to have people to love on her and him
  • A retired pastor's wife...to find her place in her new world
  • A relative...to find a close walk with the Lord
  • A children's pastor...to have a renewed passion for her little ones
  • A single lady...to not be lonely
  • A pastor with a great women's ministry...to have not only physical strength but mental, emotional, and most of all spiritual strength 
  • A wife/mother/grandmother I grew up with...to give her strength with her parents aging
  • One who has retired...to give her strength as she struggles with her husband's health
  • All 'Cindy's' in this world...to have a close relationship with the Lord
I'm sure I probably know more but these were the ones He brought to my mind. It is such a privilege to pray for those He gives me to pray for. I am encouraged as He does so because I know there are people He has praying for me. That gives me great comfort in times such as yesterday when the oncologist went all 'around Helmick's peach orchard' before saying what was seen on the mammogram is not cancer but something from surgery. As he was talking I thought 'goodness and I told Doc he didn't need to come with me since the mammogram was good and now I'm going to hear something bad'! Proverbs 3:5-6 comes to mind...


As I await an appointment with the surgeon I will trust God it is just something from the surgery. The oncologist had a big long name for it but it sounded like something like scar tissue. The surgeon may even say there is no need for surgery and I would be good with that. But no matter the outcome I will trust Him. I will not give the enemy any open door during this time but instead will trust in the Lord who already knows the outcome.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Thank You for loving me greatly. Thank You for the privilege to pray for others and for those who pray for me. Father, today is a new day. I'm not sure what You have in store for me but I am hoping You use me to be a beacon of light in my little world. There are no plans of leaving this house yet I know You will use me no matter if I do or not. Cleanse me and fill me. Use me in a different, new way. Thank You for putting me in the path of one who hasn't been to church in many years. I pray this mother will take the step to come with her children Tuesday night. I pray against the enemy working against her coming. Lord, continue to use us in our community. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Trust. Amen.



No comments: