Tuesday, December 26, 2017

I Corinthians 13 - "The Man You Have Become"


It is so hard to believe that thirty three years ago this morning my 'Baby Boy' was born. He has grown into a wonderful husband and father but especially a wonderful son. This past summer being able to spend the night at their house on both of my trips to Ohio was so special. I loved the time of sitting and talking with him and Emily after the kids went to bed. The trip to the airport with just him and I was special too. I love to see how they are raising their children. There is no doubt Jesus is the center of their life in every way possible. Miss Evelyn praying with and for people at the age of nine is a perfect example of their parent ways. It amazes me to see all of the different attributes of the children but the one that is the same is the love for Christ. This morning the Lord took me to I Corinthians 13. This Scripture is one that many associated with weddings but it goes far beyond that. It goes into the marriage a believer has with God. It talks of true love for God. I am so blessed in seeing that true love carried out by Ben and Emily in their marriage.


These words Paul wrote to the Corinthians show the beauty of Christian love. They were not practicing such love. I see this type of love being practiced by Ben in so many ways. In his work place, his family...all aspects of his life. His eye is on the Prize of Christ Jesus and it shows through his words and actions. He has five little ones to disciple so they too will have that same Prize. I am proud of the decisions they continue to make so Emily is with the babies to home school. When we talk, I am proud to hear their maturity in Christ. What a blessing to his Momma. Oh how I miss spending time with them. Yesterday was such a blessing to FaceTime with them. Oh the excitement the children showed!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing You gave me to be Ben's Momma. Thank You for the blessings he and Emily give me with the five babies. Thank You for healing Ben not once but twice. I knew You had great plans for his life through those times of healing. Father, bless his day today in abundance. Let him know You are so proud of the husband, father, godly man he has allowed You to mold. Use him today to make a difference in people's lives. Bless his ministry. Father just as I pray for myself, cleanse him so there is nothing between You and him. Be his words, actions and attitude in a different, new way. I also praise You for Doc having a full night's sleep. May You shine through him in his workplace today. I pray You will shine through me with whatever is ahead in my day. I pray You will draw near to my Momma today as she is going through a tough time. Thank You Jesus for being the One To Bless Us. Amen.

No comments: