Saturday, December 23, 2017

Psalm 95 - "Our God"


Everyone has the choice to make on whether they want to live with God or without Him. There are some who make the decision for Him but then 'life' happens and they choose the easy road instead of Him. A relationship of obedience to Him is not always easy. Sometimes it doesn't make sense on what He asks of us or how long we must 'suffer' through something. Hours can turn into days and days into months as one goes through a tough situation. But the important thing is to keep in communication with Him. The only way that can happen is to be in full relationship with Him. When one is in full relationship with Him, they will not only hear His voice but walk in obedience. I had the pleasure of sharing with a heath technician this week about the last hour of my Daddy's life. The way he knew he was dying that morning and God blessed him and my Momma with a last time of holding, kissing, and talking. There could not have been any better way to die. His last hour is something one would read about in a book or see on a movie screen. Life doesn't normally end like that. But the months, even years that led up to that hour were not easy. But my Daddy (nor my Momma) ever lost their love for the Lord. They never gave up even through the chemo, hospital and doctor visits, oxygen, etc. They were my example and I intend to do the same. I will not give up. I refuse to allow the enemy an open door. My God is greater than him. My God is greater than physical issues. My God is greater than the hurt in my heart over situations I have no control over. Plain and simple. My God is greater.

This morning God took me to Psalm 95 and now I see why. This Psalm is about coming before the Lord with thanksgiving and praise. It is about living in the Lord's presence where one not only hears His voice but walks in obedience. The enemy cannot have an open door in one's life. If he does, their heart will be hardened. There are many people who blame God for their circumstances. They would rather wallow in their mess than accept blame for their part of it and allow God to heal them. Some would rather stay in the midst of chaos than to allow God to give them rest. Those are the people I am praying for today. The ones who need His rest in their spiritual lives. As Matthew Henry wrote: "There is a rest ordained for believers, the rest of everlasting refreshment, begun in this life, and perfected in the life to come. This is the rest which God calls his rest."

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing of our 'date' time yesterday. Thank You for the gift card we had for our dinner. Thank You for the protection on the roads. Thank You for loving us so greatly. Father, neither of us had much sleep last night due to physical issues. I pray for a physical rest in our bodies as we rest in You. I pray You will open our eyes to anything You have in store for us today. I also pray for a healing in our physical bodies. Lord, cleanse us of anything not of You so You can use us in a different, new way. Be with my Momma and family as they gather today to celebrate Christmas. I pray especially for Uncle Buddy's family as he has gone into Hospice. Thank You Jesus for being My Rest. Amen.

No comments: