Friday, December 1, 2017

Psalm 91 - "Already There"


This morning the Lord told me to read Psalm 91 so I did. I read it in different versions to get all I could get from it. I loved the last verses in The Message. They read:

“If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God,
    “I’ll get you out of any trouble.
I’ll give you the best of care
    if you’ll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times;
    I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I’ll give you a long life,
    give you a long drink of salvation!”


That is exactly what all need to do when going through tough times. We need to call upon Him and allow Him to help us through them. He is there for us no matter if we are dealing with physical, emotional, financial, or relational issues. All it takes is to live in a relationship with Him where we can feel His strength. In the New King James Version verses one and two read: 

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord“He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

The word 'dwell' does not mean to just visit when needed. It means to live there. Living with God is a life where peace comes when it doesn't make sense. It means going through circumstances without falling apart because it is not on your strength but instead His. It means knowing what to do even though you can't comprehend how. It means listening and walking in obedience even when it doesn't make sense.

Today I am praying for some in my little world who need reminded of these words. They are in relationship with Him yet seem to have forgotten what it means to have His protection from the enemy (verses three through thirteen). They seem to have forgotten the prize at the end of life on this earth that is available to them...eternity with our Heavenly Father (verse sixteen).

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. I am praying today is the day for my voice to be restored. I also am praying for Doc as he had little sleep last night from pain. Lord, fill him to overflowing with Your strength in a mighty way today. I pray for a boost in my mental capacities as I finish my paper today. Lord, be our protection when the enemy comes knocking. Cleanse us of anything not of You so we can be seen/heard today in a different, new way. Fill us to overflowing with Your love so You ooze out of us. Thank You for being Our Protector. Amen.

No comments: