Thursday, December 28, 2017

Proverbs 22:6 - "Beautiful Day"


"Miss Sheila, why do you have God stuff all over your walls?"
"Miss Sheila, why did you say grace to someone over the phone?
"Miss Sheila, what does that mean that 'Jesus warms my heart' on that snowman?"

These questions yesterday blessed my heart in abundance. They gave me open doors to share Jesus with one precious little boy. He is beyond his six years of age as far as school goes. I can see why by the way he is always reading, counting, doing math, etc. He turns many situations into learning activities. It was so cool how God worked yesterday. I didn't realize how many 'faith' items I had in my house. A snowman on the tree, a plague out of the decorations bin, another plague in the extra bedroom...wow! That gave an open door to discuss faith. When I asked him if he knew what the word meant, he said it was a little girl in his class. I then explained how it can be a name but it also was what one can have in God without even seeing Him. When Doc got home, he showed him the one plague and told him what faith was. Even though I never left my home yesterday I know the Lord used me to make a difference in this little guy's life. I planted seeds that I may or may not get to cultivate. No matter what, Edward knows a little bit more about Jesus and for that I am thankful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to share You yesterday with Edward. Thank You for his life and for putting me in it. What a blessing he is to me. I also thank You for the opportunity I will have with my two little guys, Jimmy and Eli, this afternoon. May they be blessed through our activity time. Lord, I pray for protection on the roads today as I go to doctor appointments. I pray for both appointments to not have any surprises for me. But even if they do I know they are not surprises for You and for that I am grateful. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your spirit today. May I be a blessing with my attitude, words and actions to all I meet. I also pray for those who are recuperating from surgeries...Val, Dan, Miss Patty, John Jr, Jeff, Michelle, Sharon and for Doc's cousin Jerry who is in open heart surgery right now. May each of these people draw near to You through their time of recuperation. I also pray for peace upon the family with Uncle Buddy's death. Thank You for giving me peace with not being able to be there. I pray for traveling mercies upon all who will be traveling for calling hours and funeral. Lord, continue to bless Doc with rest. I pray blessings upon him today with the people he will come into contact with. Thank You Jesus for being the One To Bless Us. Amen.

No comments: