Thursday, December 21, 2017

Matthew 6:6; 7:7 - "Same Power"


I was reminded last night that in order to have a Matthew 7:7 life one first must have a Matthew 6:6 one. Doc said last night that too many times people will ask yet not listen; seek yet not really want to find; and knock without expectation of a response. I believe too many times believers think they can do life on their own. They don't even begin to have the benefits God blesses upon them. His supernatural empowerment is available for all but many choose to not tap into it. Today is a day where I know I must have His supernatural empowerment to get through. I keep telling myself God didn't give me a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7) but instead He empowers me to be greater than fear. Why then are the tears flowing? Why am I so emotional? Why do I just want this day to be over with? I am grateful I have my little guys to spend time with this morning. Hopefully they will be just the distraction I need as I await my appointment for the 12 month mammogram. As I reflect back on last year at this time I think of all the opportunities God gave me to meet new people, bless people in different ways, go deeper in my faith, etc. all because of 'C.' I also think about how the outcome could have been so different. I was blessed with only having stage one with radiation. As I went into the MRI the day after the diagnosis I prayed that the Lord would not have chemo in my future and was blessed when it wasn't. When the radiation caused such awful burns and my skin was raw, I wanted to give up. There were many tears shed yet the Lord blessed me with His comfort and strength to continue on. This morning the tears are flowing yet He continues to bless me with His comfort and strength. This week has been one where He has felt especially close. I think the reason why is because He knew I needed to feel Him more for today. Tuesday He blessed me with a young girl praying the prayer. Last night He blessed me with giving me the opportunity to pray with a waitress I had never met before. He told me to pray with her and tell her He wanted to be her strength..."her full strength." I had no clue as to why she needed to hear this prayer until after the fact when I looked up and saw tears in her eyes. She said, "He knew I needed to hear that." She continued to tell me she had a young man who was a co-worker killed Saturday in a car accident. He was also her daughter's friend and the accident happened after leaving their house. She thanked me for praying with her. Wow, God! He knew we both needed that experience. I needed it to show me He continues to use me even in times of doubt. She needed it to be encouraged. I live out Matthew 7:7 by asking Him to use me, seeking more of Him, and expecting Him to answer. The only way these things are accomplished is because I live a '24/7' life for Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing of using me to pray with Roberta. Thank You for the encouragement we both received from that prayer. Father, I pray against the anxiousness I am feeling this morning. I pray against any open door for the enemy to get into my life through today. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me up to overflowing with You. Ooze out of me today so people will see/hear You instead of me. Be my actions, words, and thoughts throughout this day in a different, new way. Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment. Amen.

No comments: