Monday, December 11, 2017

Matthew 22:36-40 - "Different"

Sometimes I just feel like screaming when people just don't seem to get what it means to follow God's commandments. There are some who desire to pick and choose what part of the Bible they want to follow. Some manipulate His word to make it be what they desire. Some blatantly disregard parts they don't want to follow. I get so frustrated with those who claim to be His followers yet live a life to please themselves. What they want overpowers what the Lord desires for them. I am not being judgmental but see the decisions they are making. It seems as if they have put blinders on to the things they do and say. Instead of following the Lord, they are following self. It hurts me to see these things happen because I know there are those outside of relationship with Christ looking at them. I am sure some are thinking 'if that is what a Christian does, then I am ok.' Pleasing self is not what a true Christian does. Pleasing God is the first and foremost thing that should be on a Christian's mind. It does not seem to matter what is said to such people because they don't see they are in the wrong. But when you read these verses it is plain and simple we are to love God first and others second. I think of this acronym...

Jesus
Others
Yourself

When we live our life in this order, we will have His joy in our heart. We will no longer be running from one thing to another looking for happiness. When He is first in our life, our focus will be on His desires and not our own. Sometimes He puts us in difficult places to stretch our faith. That does not mean we are to run but instead we need to seek His will on how to get through difficult times. Sometimes He puts people in our path that seem impossible to get along with because they do not think as we do. We need to realize not everyone thinks the same way but when we all are focused on Him we can find a middle ground and live in harmony. It just takes living for Him instead of pleasing ourselves.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Father, I am so tired. I pray for restoration in my physical, mental and emotional bodies. I pray for a renewal in my spirit. Lord, this week is the final for class. I pray for recollection as I complete it. I pray for peace as I study for it. I also pray for peace in some situations. I pray for people to get to the end of themselves and realize You need to be their focus. I pray their eyes will be opened so they will no longer be fooling themselves that their actions/words are ok. Lord, I pray for an abundance of You to be in me so people will see/hear You and not me. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so this can happen. Lord, I also pray for healing in Doc's body. I pray for rest for him. Father, most of all I pray for You to use us in mighty ways so people will come into full relationship with You. I pray they will desire to be "Different" in their spirit. Thank You for being My JOY. Amen.

No comments: