Thursday, December 7, 2017

Psalm 91:1 - "Made Me Glad"

One day last week I made the statement that sometimes I feel like I am experiencing heaven on earth. There are just some days where God's presence is just so much greater than others. I love it! Yesterday was one of those times. After my time in His Word and praying it was as if I could feel His arms wrapped around me. I had such a warm feeling. I didn't want to move. I put the Christmas tree lights on and just sat with Mordecei and basked in His presence for hours. I didn't want to do anything, talk to anyone or think about anything other than enjoy Him. It was so awesome. When Doc came home, I think he was surprised to find me still in my night shirt. The entire day I felt Him in a different, new way. I know He is always with me but yesterday was just a different experience. He didn't say anything special but was just with me in a greater way than any time I have ever experienced before. In my devotion time yesterday He reminded me I am safe in His arms. That is where I dwelled yesterday....in His arms. As I try to describe the way He made me feel I realize I don't have the words to give it justice but I do feel Him with me more than I ever have. I know I do not have to worry about some of the 'junk' going on in my little world. He already has the solution and knows the outcome. I also know He has me pondering upon Psalm 91 for a reason and that is to trust Him more than ever before. Today as I read it He stopped me at verse one again. 


The King James Version uses the description of "the secret place"; The Message calls it "God's presence"; and the New International refers to it as "the shelter." No matter what words are used to describe it, God's presence is the best place to live. I like the description Matthew Henry gives of one who lives there...

1. It is the character of a true believer that he dwells in the secret place of the Most High; he is at home in God, returns to God, and reposes in him as his rest; he acquaints himself with inward religion, and makes heart-work of the service of God, worships within the veil, and loves to be alone with God, to converse with him in solitude. 2. It is the privilege and comfort of those that do so that they abide under the shadow of the Almighty; he shelters them, and comes between them and every thing that would annoy them, whether storm or sunshine. They shall not only have an admittance, but a residence, under God’s protection; he will be their rest and refuge for ever.

Yes! This is how I want to live. I want people to see how I trust Him no matter what is happening in life. The very last word Henry writes in this section is the key to everything. "for ever" When we live a life in His presence, no matter what comes our way, we will live with Him for eternity. Will He make life a 'bed of roses'? Absolutely not! But He will be our strength through the tough times. The wording used by Henry is kind of funny..."he shelters them, and comes between them and every thing that would annoy them..." That word 'annoy' is pretty subtle when one thinks about the storms of life. God uses challenges on this earth to strengthen our faith. Sometimes He uses people and circumstances to draw us closer to Him. His goal for all is eternal life with Him. One must have great faith and trust Him no matter what to reach that goal.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for yesterday as we just sat together and You were so close to me. Thank You for the peace You give with the situation we are facing. Thank You for the wisdom You continue to provide. Father, the day ahead is not going to be a pleasant one with an MRI and errands to run but I pray You will keep a smile on my face and be in my words and step throughout this day. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so there is nothing between You and I. The desire of my heart is for people to see/hear You instead of me. Would You ooze out of me in a different, new way today? Would You protect me as I am on the roads? Would You be with me in the MRI in a way that will enable me to not even realize I am there? It is so weird the way I am feeling about it. I usually have little qualms before one but for some reason this morning I do. I want to be under Your shadow, protected, and feeling Your presence throughout this day in a mighty way. I pray for the outcome of the MRI to show Your healing touch. I also pray for Your healing touch upon Doc. May You be his strength today in a great way. Guide and direct us both to where You desire us to be and what You desire us to accomplish in this day. Thank You Jesus for being Our Shelter. Amen.


No comments: