Sunday, December 3, 2017

Philippians 4:13 - "O' Lord"



Last night was not my typical Saturday night. Normally the Lord wakes me to pray for pastors. Last night He woke me multiple times to pray for one specific pastor. It is for a pastor who is going into the pulpit this morning for his last time unbeknownst to anyone. His family nor his church family know what he is going to do. The Lord told me to pray against the enemy having this hold on him. He told me to pray for his mind to be changed before he makes the biggest mistake of his life. Oh my heart breaks for all, including this pastor, if his mind does not change. I remember years ago being in a service where we found out our pastor had done wrong against the church and was no longer going to be our pastor. Needless to say, it was quite a shock. There were a lot of tears shed that day. It felt like we had been to a funeral with the loss we felt. I pray this church family does not have to endure such pain. I can't begin to imagine the shock his wife and children will have if he goes through with his plan. I especially cannot imagine the pain our Heavenly Father has when we are disobedient to Him. Disobedience is sin. Sin causing separation between us and God. There is just no good to come from this. There is only pain for all involved. I pray my prayers are answered and he does not follow through but instead finds someone to be accountable for whatever he is going through. If he is a Nazarene pastor, I pray he talks with his DS. Maybe he needs some time out of the pulpit and away from church duties to get back on track. Maybe he is bi-vocational and feeling like he can't continue on with the schedule he has been enduring. Maybe there is sin in his life that he needs to repent of. Maybe...maybe...maybe. I could speculate all day but that is not what God has called me to do. He has called me to pray for and love someone. I don't even know who he is but I do know I what I am to do. Mission accomplished.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for one even when I don't know who they are. Thank You for listening to my prayers. I pray they will be blessed with a 'yes.' I may never know who this person is but that doesn't matter. All that matters is that I am Your obedient servant. Father, I pray for my own husband who will be going into the pulpit this morning. I pray for an abundance of Your Holy Spirit to speak through him. I pray the same for all pastors whether they are with adults, teens or children. Use pastors mightily today so more souls will come into full relationship with You. I pray for physical, mental, emotional and most of all spiritual strength for all pastors. I also continue to pray for two pastor's wives who their husband's have gone on to be with You. The one is 'homeless' and the other one is a pastor herself. I pray for You to be so close to them in these trying days. I also pray for their Christian brothers and sisters to support them in a great way. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. I pray for blessings of peace over my dear neighbor Grammy in a mighty way. Give her Your peace in abundance today. I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so people will see/hear You through all of my words, actions and my attitude today. May You heal my throat today so I can be the servant You have called me to be. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.


No comments: