Monday, December 18, 2017

Psalm 118:24 - "It's A Beautiful Day"


"3:30...please Lord don't let this be the time I get up today...I'm so tired. If I am awake, I might as well pray. Who do You want me to pray for? Please can I go back to sleep when I am through praying?" I guess I didn't really have the right attitude to the situation but He told me to pray for those in my neighborhood. I felt it odd He didn't use the word 'neighbors' but instead used 'neighborhood.' I knew He meant those who live around us. I first thought it was just something in my mind since so many came to our Open House but He reassured me that was who I was to pray for. 

  • the elderly neighbor lady with multiple doctor appointments this week; I praised Him for her daughter being here to take her to the appointments
  • the elderly neighbor man in the hospital who had been on a ventilator and has no family; I praised Him for him being off the vent 
  • the man who has to be out-of-town this week for work and his wife with this situation as it is abnormal
  • the family with the father traveling regularly for his work
  • the new neighbors who will be separated for a few months as she finishes work before moving here
  • the young father who is fairly new in his faith and has to work a lot of Sundays
  • the young boy who is celebrating his birthday today
  • the lady with a brace on her wrist
  • the two ladies who need to find a relationship with Jesus
  • the family who care for their adult daughter who had a stroke
  • the elderly couple who need assistance with every day care
  • protection over the police and sheriffs; one family with both parents as sheriffs
  • the family having their first Christmas without her mother
  • the family celebrating their first Christmas in their new home
  • the family with a toddler who will experience Christmas differently this year
  • the family with four children under the age of six
  • the families who are going to be traveling over the holidays
  • many service men and women in our neighborhood; one family with both parents in the Navy
  • a lady with multiple health issues
  • the families who have moved over the last year...may the children have someone in their new neighborhoods to love on them with Jesus' love
After I finished praying for the ones He brought to my mind I prayed for my husband who is struggling with pain when he lays down. I prayed for God to give him wisdom on what to do. I continue to pray for a healing in his body. I also thanked God for being with two friends with heart issues last week. I praised Him for the quick resolve with one with the heart cath and stents. I also praised Him for the way He directed the doctors to do a procedure on our other friend after Christmas. I prayed for two others who are having surgeries after Christmas. I prayed for complete restoration of sight in one and the other one to have his foot issued resolved through the surgery. There are so many people to pray for. It seems like my list grows every day. Physical, mental, emotional, relational, financial and most of all spiritual needs are all represented on my list. This time of year is so hard for people to deal with in so many ways...
  • those hurting greatly over the loss of a loved one
  • those lonely...some with family nearby and some far away from family
  • those with physical issues...some in pain...some knowing they are near their time to leave this earth
  • those who try to buy everything their loved ones want even when they can't afford it; those who feel like they are letting loved ones down because they can no longer give gifts as they use to; those who feel like a failure because they can't give as others give
  • those with added events in their schedule whether it be for children, work, church, family
  • those who try to keep up with traditions just for the sake of doing them not because they have a special meaning to them
Throughout the time I was praying and then every time I woke from snoozing after praying the Lord had "It's A Beautiful Day" going through my mind. This song is one that has great meaning on how to see each day as the Lord's Day no matter what your circumstances. Jamie Grace has overcome many obstacles in her young life yet she continues to use the gifts God has blessed her with for His glory. I desire to do the same. Any day I wake up is a 'beautiful day' because God made it that way. Yes there are disappointments in life but just as God reminded me last week He doesn't disappoint. My expectations of others will cause me to be disappointed. The way I think people should be is not necessarily the way God thinks. The free choice the Lord gives people also allows the enemy an open door if and when people choose to let him in. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our time together during the night. I know when You use me to pray throughout the night You also will give me strength in the day ahead. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can shine brightly for You today. Fill me with more of You. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Bless Doc with a supernatural strength today as he had little sleep last night. I also pray for a blessing upon my 'babies,' their ladies and my grand babies today. Oh how I miss them. Would You please give me an abundance of Your love to heal my heart from being away from them? Would You let them know I love them even with the miles between us? Thank You Jesus for being My Daddy. Amen.

No comments: