Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Psalm 91:1 - "El Shaddai"


The Lord directed me to Psalm 91 again this morning. I kind of argued that I had already pondered upon it twice in the last week. He told me, "Daughter, there is more for you." Alrighty then...Psalm 91 it is. I didn't have to read long before He told me what I needed to hear. The very first verse was it! The two words that He pointed out to me were 'dwell' and 'rest.' When one lives in Him, there is rest even in times of turmoil. There is rest from the 'junk' of the world when we allow Him to be in charge of our lives. Rest is something many in today's society cannot comprehend. Life is busy. It is rush from one activity to another. Instead of doing that we need to rush into His arms. We need to spend time with Him. We need to be in His Word, drawing strength from the promises found in it. When we live such a lifestyle, the 'junk' of the world won't be so overwhelming. It will no longer consume us when we allow Him to consume every aspect of our life. Another name for 'Almighty' is 'Shaddai.' I found it interesting when I studied the title 'Shaddai' I found the root word 'shaded' means to overpower. When we live in relationship with Him, God will overpower or destroy the evil that tries to destroy us. All we need to do is call upon Him. Today is a new day. The 'junk' of yesterday does not need to be in charge of the day ahead. God is the One to have control of this day. As I dwell in Him I will be empowered by the Holy Spirit to stand against anything the evil one sends my way. I am determined to dwell in the shelter of God so I can rest in Him. This is my goal every day. I pray for more believers to get to the point in life where they desire to dwell in Him. The only way people are going to have a desire to follow Christ is to see those who claim Him as their Father to show how life can be different than the busyness of this world. Life does not have to be chaotic. There is peace found in Him. I am saddened as I see believers get caught up in the rat race of life. That is not the example Christ gave us while on this earth nor is it the example we need to give others. The enemy thrives on busyness. He takes every open door given him by it. He also thrives on complacency in believers. When one fills like they don't need anyone but themselves, it opens a door for the enemy. We all need God. We need Him to be in control of every second of our life. Then, and only then, will we find His rest.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for taking me to Psalm 91 again this morning. Yesterday was a weird day where I felt like the enemy was standing right outside my door trying to get in. It was a day where I felt on edge in my spirit. Thank You for the reminder that I don't have to feel like this. When I dwell in You, I will find rest from the 'junk' of this world. I know You allow 'junk' to come our way to keep us on our toes at times. I also know the enemy uses it to try to pull us away from You. Thank You for Doc's appointment yesterday that gave him a time of relief from his pain. I pray You will heal his body today so the pain is gone once and for all. Thank You for my time with the boys yesterday and the time ahead this evening with the children and teens. What a blessing to have all of them in my life. I also pray You will be my words, actions and attitude when the 'junk' comes my way today. Be with me as I have a doctor appointment and have some church tasks to accomplish. I pray for safe travel mercies as I am out and about. I pray people will see and hear You instead of me throughout this day. I also pray for Your wisdom as I work on school work. Father, I am so in awe of all You do in and through me. Thank You for being My Shaddai! Amen.

No comments: