Sunday, December 17, 2017

Jeremiah 29:11 - "All My Hope"



When I woke up at 4AM with horrific pain in my arm along with numbness, I cried out to the Lord 'why?' I told Him I was beginning to feel like His servant Job who went through so much suffering on this earth. He reminded me the outcome of Job's life. Through all he went through, he continued in his relationship with God. Job's friends tried to get him to turn from his sins yet Job was insistent that he was in right relationship with God. Job questioned why God caused so much pain in his life when in fact it wasn't God but it was satan doing the attacks. His friends gave Job both 'good' and 'bad' advice. Job's response was not always the best but God did not take His eyes off of Job. In the end, God came and restored Job. This story gives me hope as we go through physical issues. It gives me comfort in knowing God is always with us. It is no wonder He had these words going through my mind at 4AM and continue to play through it...

All my hope is in Jesus
Thank God that yesterday's gone
All my sins are forgiven
I've been washed by the blood



Yes! I don't have to live in the past. I don't have to think about the issues from yesterday. I can live in the hope of Jesus every day. He will be my strength no matter what is going on in life. I will be His faithful servant no matter what. After bringing Job's story to me He then had me pray for pastors and directors who are leading Christmas programs today, specifically He had me pray for people to encourage them. He had me pray against those with critical spirits that will say unnecessary things to them. He also had me pray for the people attending. There are many 'C&E' attenders who He had me pray will realize they need to be more faithful in attendance. He also had me pray for those who don't attend church to feel a pull to be a part of a church community.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the hope of Job's story this morning. Thank You for being my strength throughout difficult physical times. Father, whatever You desire is my desire. I pray You will enable me to not allow the pain to distract me from opportunities to be You to others. I also pray You will not just get me through this day but enable me to be a beacon of light for You throughout the day. I pray a blessing upon our Open House this afternoon. I pray for those who come to be blessed by You in a mighty way. I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can be in full relationship with You. I know that is the only way I can be filled with You. I continue to ask for a physical touch upon Doc. I also pray again for all pastors/directors of Christmas programs today. May they be blessed in abundance by You. Thank You for being My Hope. Amen.


No comments: