Sunday, December 24, 2017

Psalm 96:1-3 - "Sing Unto the Lord"


The Lord took me to Psalm 96 this morning. This Psalm is another one that encourages everyone to praise Him. As I read the first three verses I started thinking about how there was the reason to sing of the Messiah's birth so many years ago. That reason should still be in the hearts of all today. 'Jesus is the Reason for the season' has the greatest truth ever spoken. If He would not have been born, He could not have died for all. His birth was just the beginning of our story. A "new song" also was on the lips of people when He died and rose again for all. That was a new beginning to our story. Every day we are given on this earth needs to be a new beginning to our story. Every day when He wakes us up with breathe is a gift. It is up to each person as to how they will unwrap that gift throughout the day. Will they unwrap it all at once so it can be shared throughout the day? Will the gift be slowly unwrapped due to distractions of the world? Will the gift be put aside until later in the day or perhaps forgotten altogether due to being too busy? The only way for His glory to be declared as He desires is by opening His gift at the start of the day. I imagine Him sitting and watching me opening 'His gift' every morning with the anticipation of my Heavenly Daddy. I see Him anxiously awaiting to see if I will like 'His gift.' I can only imagine Him hoping I will embrace what He has given me in the way He desires and then share it with others. Oh what a gift He is to me!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words of encouragement today to open up Your gift each morning. Thank You for the way You use Your Word to teach me, encourage me, love on me...the list goes on and on. Father, today is a new day. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can be a beacon of light for You. I pray for opportunities to be You to others. May You be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day in a different, new way. May You lead me to where You so desire me to go. Father, I pray for physical, mental, emotional and most of all spiritual strength over my husband today. Would You encourage Him through the words and actions of others? Would You fill Him with more of You so He feels Your supernatural strength? I also pray birthday blessings over Adam today. I pray He will feel You in a different, new way. Thank You Jesus for being My Gift. Amen.

No comments: