Wednesday, December 20, 2017

II Corinthians 4:6 - "Hard Love"


I woke up this morning with the song "Hard Love" going through my mind...

Hold on tight a little longer
What don't kill ya, makes ya stronger
Get back up, 'cause it's a hard love
You can't change without a fallout
It's gon' hurt, but don't you slow down
Get back up, 'cause it's a hard love

This song is about relationships. We are told as parents there are times we must have a 'tough love.' There are also times in a marriage where it seems like 'tough love' has to happen. The thing we must remember is that no matter what we are going through in a relationship God is with us. He will be our strength as we go through change with others if we allow Him to be. He will give us the right direction if and when we seek it. Sometimes we get into hard seasons of life that seem like they will never end. It is one thing upon another. Sometimes the enemy is involved. Sometimes the choices we make are just that...'our' choices. God gives us free choice and will use them to be a time of drawing us closer to Him. "What don't kill ya, makes ya stronger" are words that ring so true in life. There are two deaths we go through. One is the death which happens in our physical bodies. The second one is the death that happens in our eternal bodies. The decisions we make can have a bearing on both but the most important is our eternal bodies. Where we spend our eternal life is the most important aspect of life on this earth. The Lord brought to my mind this morning the ones I prayed for yesterday with depression. It is a deep, dark hole that is hard to climb out of. Unfortunately, the enemy knows that and preys on people suffering from it. Sometimes he uses co-workers and even family members to pull us deeper into the pit. How can one feel 'strong' when they are so down? How does one see the Light in all the darkness? It takes standing strong in the Lord. Part of this song goes...

When the wolves come and hunt me down
I will face them all and stand my ground
'Cause there's a fire burnin' in me
They will see my strength in this love I found

Yes! When down, believers must find His strength that is deep inside of them. His strength will knock the enemy down every time. It is not easy to do but it is possible. This morning I am praying for those who feel like there is only darkness around them. I am praying they can find the glimmer of Light that is inside them. I also am praying for some who have never accepted the Light to ask Him into their heart today. May those in despair feel His strength...
  • one going through some 'hard love' circumstances in their marriage; another couple who are separated
  • one deep in depression
  • a family with members in two hospitals
  • a family who is at odds with some members not speaking
  • a family who is dealing with their father who appears to be in his last days
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for being the Light I have even when there are tough circumstances. Thank You for the blessing last night with sixteen children/teens here for activities. Thank You for one who asked You into her heart last night! Woo hoo! You are so awesome! Thank You for using us to be a beacon of Light for You! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me up with You. Ooze out of me so people will see/hear You today and not me. Thank You for Doc having seven hours sleep last night. What a blessing! I pray blessings over his day today. Thank You Jesus for being Our Light. Amen.

No comments: