Saturday, December 9, 2017

John 3:16 - "At The Cross (Love Ran Red)"


"Miss Sheila, everybody goes to heaven!"
"No, only those who ask Jesus into their heart and live for Him get to spend eternity with Him in heaven."
"But where do other people live when they die?"
"If people do not live with Jesus in their heart, they will live for eternity with satan."
"Miss Sheila, who is satan?"
"He is the devil. He lives in hell."
"Miss Sheila, I don't want to live with him. I want to live with Jesus forever."
"Do you want to pray to ask Jesus into your heart like your brother did last year?"
"Yes!!!!"

That is the conversation we had in the middle of our 'activities' yesterday after school. I do a Sunday school lesson with two of my little guys when I pick them up from school. It is so much fun but yesterday was the 'icing on the cake' as being the best time ever! Our lesson was about the purpose of Jesus' birth being to come to earth so He could die for our sins. Our Bible verse was John 3:16 which is one we've had before but this time was the 'right time' for questions to be answered. We talked about how Jesus is the greatest gift ever given to us. I was so tired yesterday and God knew this experience would perk me up!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving us so greatly that You came to earth to die for our sins. Thank You for giving me the opportunity to lead Mr. Eli to You. I pray for an abundance of blessings on this little guy and his family. I pray for more opportunities for me to have to disciple him and his brother. Father, continue to give them a hunger for learning about You. Thank You for our 'activities time' where You use me to give them You. Father, today is full of 'stuff' but I don't want to miss any opportunity You put before me to be You to others. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You instead of me throughout this day. Thank You for the ten hours of sleep last night. Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for being My Savior. Amen.

No comments: