Saturday, December 2, 2017

Psalm 91 - "Faithful"


Yesterday morning the Lord had me ponder upon Psalm 91. Last night I realized His purpose. I fell apart getting Christmas decorations out. Thanksgiving was emotional but if December 1 brought such emotions I cannot even begin to imagine what the rest of the month will bring. As I thought about last year being our first year away from family I realized I was distracted by the breast cancer so I my mind had bigger things on it than the holidays. I went back to Psalm 91 for encouragement. The Lord is where my strength will come from in the days ahead. He will be there to give me what I need when I fall apart. I refuse to allow the enemy any open door in my life. Verses nine through sixteen show me all I need to do is call upon the Lord. He will protect me from the enemy. I believe He not only will protect me but He also will enable me to enjoy the days of this month. He will give me contact with family and friends to show me just how much He loves me. Matthew Henry writes of these verses:

Whatever happens, nothing shall hurt the believer; though trouble and affliction befal, it shall come, not for his hurt, but for good, though for the present it be not joyous but grievous. Those who rightly know God, will set their love upon him. They by prayer constantly call upon him. 

Praise His Holy Name for the promises of this Psalm! I will stay in constant communion with Him. This will enable me to be who He desires me to be. He called us here to South Carolina for a purpose. I am confident of that call. I just need to allow Him to be the Balm to soothe my heart through the tough days.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the ways You encourage my heart. Thank You for knowing what I needed yesterday before I did. Thank You for Doc's arms that hugged me as I cried last night. I am so blessed to have a husband like him. I know there are a lot of women who aren't allowed to cry and that saddens me. I pray for an abundance of Your strength throughout these holidays. I pray for restoration in my voice so I can talk with family on the phone. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so people will see/hear You instead of me throughout this day. I pray for more of You to ooze out of me in my words, actions and attitude. I also ask for a physical healing upon my husband. When he is in pain, it hurts me greatly. Give me right words for him. Thank You Jesus for being My Balm. Amen.

No comments: