Monday, November 14, 2016

Psalm 91 - "Secret Place"


Awww....nine and a half hours sleep was sure a blessing when I woke up this morning. Two nights of five-six hours just doesn't work for me. I was hesitant on going to the Ladies Weekend because of everything going on with C but I am glad I made the effort. The Lord spoke to me a few times over the weekend in ways I may not have been able to hear otherwise. It was weird doing my devotions each morning 'old school' since I didn't take my laptop with me but I survived. This morning He woke me to these words from a song that was new to me from the weekend....

Better is a moment that I spend with You
Than a million other days away
I'm running, I'm running
I'm running to the secret place

Yes! There is no better place to me than in the secret place of His presence. As I sang this song this weekend I wondered why the writer chose to call it a 'secret place' when it is available to all. One thought that came to my mind is some do not know of it because we, as believers, keep it a secret. That is sad to thing about but true in many people. We stay content with keeping Him to ourselves for a variety of reasons.

  • we are too busy
  • 'everyone I know is a believer' 
  • 'people will think I'm crazy'
  • 'I don't know what to say'
The list goes on and on. If we aren't sharing Christ's love with others, His death was for naught. That is also a sad thing to think about. He died not only for my sins but for everyone's sins. Once again I was reminded this weekend that salvation is not where we stop in our relationship with the Lord. We must continue past salvation to sanctification. We must give Him every aspect of our life, even when it doesn't make sense. We must allow Him full reign and do whatever He asks of us, even when it doesn't make sense. We must be willing to let go of the religious spirits inside of us in order for Him to walk us down the path of righteousness. Ouch! That realization is one that many struggle with. Those raised in the church have their own ideas on what church should look like but that is not necessarily what the Lord wants the church to be. The church is not the building but is the people. Once that is realized then the church must allow Him to direct them, even to places/people/ circumstances that do not make sense. 

Every time we sang these words...."Chains will hit the floor, broken lives restored"...I prayed for the prodigals. I have so many friends who are heartbroken over their children who have walked away from the Lord. I pray not only for their prodigals but for them to release their prodigals to the Lord. I pray for them to give up trying to manipulate their prodigals and instead allow the Lord to be glorified through their situations. I also pray for these dear people to quit blaming themselves. The guilt the enemy has put upon them is overwhelming at times but not necessary. I pray for them to get to the place where they believe...

You are my only hope
You are the Rock on which I stand
You will not let me go
I know that I am safe inside Your hands
In the fading light when night is breaking
I know You will always be waiting
You'll always be there

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this weekend! Thank You for the way You took me from crying every time I turned around to a renewed strength in my spirit. Thank You for speaking to me. Thank You for using me to pray for some, encourage some and meet some new sisters in Christ. Lord, as Shannan spoke about how lonely this life can be the tears came. I could relate. Sometimes I feel like an outsider yet as she said that is not a bad thing. When I know I am walking the path You have given me, I will feel alone from time to time. I must remember that You have not given this same path to anyone else. I am so grateful for the way You encourage me through others. I also am grateful for the way You encourage me through answering the prayers of my heart. Lord, I pray for more of You to encompass my spirit. I pray for an abundance of Your mercy and grace to be in my spirit. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me. Thank You for being My Rock. Amen.

No comments: