Thursday, November 24, 2016

Psalm 27:1 - "God of Angel Armies"


Today is Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for...

  • my relationship with my Heavenly Father
  • my husband who seeks to live in His will
  • my Momma having a place to eat Thanksgiving dinner with family
  • my boys and their families who I miss greatly
  • my ninety-three year old neighbor/friend who is a prayer warrior for me
  • the ministry God has given me with military families
  • my dear neighbors/friends who love on me
  • my cancer only being stage 1
  • my Beaufort church family who love on us so greatly
  • my Willard church family who continue to pray for us
  • my four-legged buddy who continues to brighten my days
  • our own home
  • my MS being 'under control'
  • being able to type this morning without too much pain
  • living in a place with top-notch breast cancer doctors and technology
  • having friends who listen so well to the Lord when I need encouraged
If anyone would have asked me last year if I would not be living in Ohio this year, I would have probably laughed. But I am grateful for the Lord's leading in our lives even though there are hurts along the way. I am grateful for the way He soothes the hurts when they come. I am also grateful for the way He reminds me that He is in control. Monday morning as we were preparing to go to the hospital for another surgery I started singing "The God of Angel Armies" and Doc said that was the song he had going around in my mind. Wow, God! He is so good!


I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

Yes! He is always with us. He never leaves us. Those are some comforting words. When the loneliness comes, He is there. When another door shuts and disappointment comes, He is there. When there seems to be no end in sight with bills, He is there. He did not bring us to this place for us to fail. He brought us here to stretch our faith so our trust will go deeper. He brought us here to show us what He can do through us. I have no doubt on that. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the ways You bless me. Thank You for always being with me. Thank You for the birth of Miss Everly this week. Thank You for continuing to guide my steps and my words. Father, as You already know, my attitude needs some working on. Would You enable me to not allow circumstances to make me crabby? Would You give me Your words to stand up against the words of the enemy? You encouraged me greatly yesterday when Amy checked on me just at the moment before the dressing was changed and then again last night when Kim checked on me right at the time the enemy was trying to play havoc in my life. Thank You for using people to show Your love to me. Father, I also ask for a healing in my emotional being today as it hurts to be here instead of with my family. Encourage my heart. Take away the disappointment that will give open doors to the enemy. Fill me with more of You so people will see/hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being the One Who Blesses Me. Amen.

No comments: