Friday, November 18, 2016

Psalm 29:2 - "Offering"


"I bring an offering of worship to my King...no one on earth deserves the praises that I sing..." This was the song in my heart this morning. Actually, when I woke up at 2:50 I had this song. I asked the Lord if there was someone I needed to pray for and He told me the Stein Family. I thought about how the words to this song do not really go together with death unless one knows their loved one was a believer. Betty was definitely a believer. She had such a deep faith. That is what enabled her to be on this earth with cancer as long as she did. Oh how her family and friends will miss her. I will miss her. I am saddened I missed her call a few weeks ago. My heart breaks in not knowing if she just wanted to chat or needed me to pray with her. I can imagine it was a 'goodbye' call as she knew life was drawing shorter here. I love being called the 'baby sister' of the family. Her Momma and sisters took me under their wing and love on me just as if I were blood. I am grateful for the time I had with them and my heart breaks that I am not there to comfort them now. I trust God will put others who will. No matter how much we believe in God and how sure we are of our loved one's final destination it is still very difficult to deal with the loss. I still ache to have my Daddy call me even after three and a half years. Just to hear 'Sheila Babe' out of his mouth would be awesome. Sometimes I think about how he would be encouraging me through this bout with C. He would tell me 'rest but not too much...you have to keep moving.' He would also tell me to trust in the Lord and look to Him for what I need to do or not do. I love his faith. I love his personality of being a fighter. Oh how I miss him and I know the days ahead for Betty's family will be filled with tears and memories. I also know when they think about her faith they will be blessed. I pray they will desire the same life that she lived. That was what she wanted for all of them. Just as my Daddy wanted to see our family come into relationship with the Lord, so did Betty. She wanted to know her family were headed to eternity with the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for being with my family yesterday with Uncle Ofie's funeral. Thank You for the clear results of the pet scan yesterday. Lord, You continue to walk me down this path with a deep faith. I know whatever lies ahead will glorify You. I love what Kristen said at my appointment, "This will be your testimony." Yes! For twenty-two years I have had MS as my testimony. Now I have C for my testimony. May You continue to fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me. Please do not let me become distracted to the point where I miss an opportunity from You. I love You so much and am so grateful for all the ways You bless me. Thank You for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.



No comments: