Monday, November 28, 2016

Jeremiah 29:11 - "Hope Was Born This Night"

November 28 brings me joy as I remember when Paul made me a Momma for the first time. When people asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was "a Mommy." My dream was filled on this day thirty-six years ago. I was so excited for him to be born but then when my water broke I thought "can I really do this?!?!" Thankfully the Lord gave me what I needed those first few weeks as we bonded together. He was the best baby with sleeping (through the night at 2 weeks on), eating (on his every four hour schedule) and being content with wherever he was. At six months he went with me in his stroller to a Women's Retreat without any issues at all. He loved being with his Grandpa McHenry from an early age. I believe that has a lot to do with him having so many of Grandpa's traits. He can be a joker, he provides well for his family, he is a great listener, it takes a lot to get him rouled up but when he does you know it and most of all he is a man of faith. I pray Paul's faith will grow as deep as my Daddy's faith did in life. Thankfully Paul has not had the physical issues of his Grandpa but I know whatever comes his way God is with Him. I love to watch him interact with Lizzy. He tries his best to make their home a place where love flows freely. Miss Bella is loved greatly by her Daddy which is a blessing a lot of children do not have. Sometimes Paul's OCD habits kick in and it can drive one crazy. Unfortunately, I believe I probably am to blame for some of those but certainly I never went to the degree he does! Yesterday in church we kicked off our "When Love Was Born" series. The words in the song "Hope Was Born This Night" came to me this morning as I reflected back on this day thirty-six years ago. 

Glory to God in the highest
Peace on Earth, goodwill toward men
Let all of the world sing the chorus of joy
Because hope was born this night


On the day Paul was born not only were my dreams fulfilled to be a Mommy but his birth gave me hope in my future. His birth reminded me of the words in Jeremiah 29:11...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the gift of making me a Mommy. Thank You for Paul who is so special to me. Oh how I miss his hugs but I know the purpose of being a Mommy is to raise your children to grow up and be parents themselves. I pray blessings over him, Lizzy and Miss Bella. I pray for an abundance of You to fill their lives. I pray just as when he was growing up and he never left the house without a hug and "I love you" he will do the same as a husband and daddy. Lord, I also pray for my day ahead with the genetic testing results. I pray whatever is ahead You will go before me and give me strength. Lord, fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me. My mind is overwhelmed with all of the paperwork and phone calls to doctors, insurance company, etc. Please do not allow these things to take my focus off of You today. Thank You for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.

No comments: