Sunday, November 20, 2016

Matthew 6:10; Hebrews 10:25 - "Thy Will"


The Lord woke me up early this morning to pray for pastors and others who are teetering on whether to go to church or not. He also had me pray for shut-ins who are unable to go to church. Hebrews 10:25 encourages people to "not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing". People who go to church need each other in a lot of different ways. Many people in church are lonely and they need to feel loved. Some people in church are hurting so greatly and need to find peace. That peace can come through a personal relationship with the Lord which includes going to church. "Church" does not have to mean Sunday morning but rather can be anytime. It does not have to mean meeting in a traditional church building but can occur any place. As I prayed for pastors this morning, I prayed for those who will be wrestling with the idea the sermon God gave them may not be what He intends for them to say. I also prayed for those who will be disappointed in how few people will be in their congregation today. I prayed for them to realize each one is there for a reason and they need to keep their eyes open to opportunities to be Jesus to all. I prayed for the pastor who is ill this morning and deciding if they should go or not. I prayed for the pastor who is walking into the pulpit with blatant sin in their life. As I prayed for pastors, the Holy Spirit nudged me about my prayers. Sometimes I pray specifically, which I believe is good. But sometimes I pray for specific answers and that is not necessary. All I have to pray is Matthew 6:10...His will. Plain and simple...His will. It is not always easy to pray but when we do, it gives us peace in knowing He is in control. He knows what is best.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the beautiful day yesterday and for the time I was able to bask not only in the sunshine but in the Sonshine! Father, there are so many things going on in my little world but I do not have to list them because You already know them. You also know the desire of my heart is Your will. Enable me to draw closer to You and to be filled with You as Your will unfolds in my life. I pray people will see and hear You through me today. I pray for no distractions to take my focus off of You. Thank You for being My Will. Amen.


No comments: