Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Psalm 23 - "Christ Be All Around Me"


The pain is gone...breathing is no longer restricted...time on earth is done for another loved one. I am glad Uncle Ofie is out of the misery of COPD but I am saddened he is no longer with us. My heart breaks for his wife, children and grandchildren. I wish so bad I could be there to love on them. It hurts to not be able to go to them as they came and supported us when my Daddy died. This morning the tears are flowing for the loss I am feeling not only with his death but for what use to be. I was so blessed when the Lord took me to His Word to encourage me. I love Psalm 23. This morning as I read it in different translations I found NLT to be so encouraging. The Lord does these things so well...He takes care of me, He renews my strength, He guides me and most of all is always with me. As I read the part about walking "through the darkest valley" I prayed for my family who have lost their husband, Daddy and Granddaddy. I know the hurt of losing my Daddy goes deep. But I also know the joy in knowing he is no longer suffering on this earth. I am so grateful in knowing both of these men were ready to leave this earth. They both were ready to be accepted into the arms of Jesus and that is a comfort. Today as they wake up and go to make arrangements it will seem like they are living a dream. No matter how long a loved one has suffered one can never be completely ready for the end. We must remind ourselves it is not their end but their beginning. As we do, we will have peace that cannot be explained to those who are not in relationship with the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my sister being able to go to my Momma yesterday when the news came of Uncle Ofie's death. Thank You for the way he was a part of my life. Thank You for the way You will comfort his family in these tough days. I pray they will draw near to You. I pray for those who are not in relationship with You to find You. I pray for those who have slipped away from You to come back. Father, give them big hugs and encouraging words. Lord, You know my heart on how badly I want to be there for them. Would You please give me peace in my spirit? I pray against the enemy having any open door to make me feel guilty. Lord, I also pray for strength in not only my physical body but my emotional being as I go to these two appointments today. Give me a clear mind to comprehend all that I am told today. Father, fill me with more of You. I so badly want people to hear and see You through me. Guide me throughout this day so You will be glorified! Thank You Jesus for being My Shepherd.

No comments: