Sunday, November 6, 2016

II Timothy 1:7; James 4:7 - "Giants Fall"


What a day full of blessings yesterday! God is so good! From start to finish He blessed me with encouragement in so many ways...
  • MRI time went by so quickly..
  • Texts, phone calls, messages from many friends were so appreciated...
  • Carol bringing a meal over to us and the bag she brought it in was a reminder from the Lord...
  • Amy coming over yesterday to make the food I had signed up to take for the church potluck...
  • Hearing about seven year old Jimmy telling his Mommy of his faith in the Lord and her attributing it to our influence on him...
  • Tiffany helping Amy clean up the kitchen and visit...
  • Doc playing with the three boys while the Mommies worked in the kitchen...hearing their laughter...
  • Having a heart-to-heart conversation with my godly husband over a bowl of Amy's yummy homemade chicken noodle soup...
  • My 93 year old neighbor 'Grammy' calling to check on me last evening was priceless. She had walked over the day before soon after we had received 'the' phone call and was hear as I talked on the phone with one of my boys...
  • Having friends call my Momma to check on her...
  • Having an extra hour sleep last night was so helpful as I went to bed very tired.
Yes, it was a very blessed day. The Lord encourages me so greatly in so many different ways. As I told Marlene the other day, this is just another 'bump' in the road of life. It may be a bigger 'bump' than some but it is doable with the Lord's empowerment. I love that He started the week off last Sunday with an emphasis on II Timothy 1:7. Here we were teaching to others this verse through puppets when all along it was for us. As Doc said last night, "'M' did not take away our faith. 'C' will not either." Joan shared her and Marlene are praying there is NO cancer in my body. I am praying in agreement with them. As Sherry shared with me last night, "God's word is your medicine. Right dosage, no bad side effects." Yes! I loved the Scripture Kim shared with me from James 4:7 in The Message. "So let God work His will in you. Yell aloud no to the devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and He'll be there in no time." Yes! The Lord is empowering me to do His will by listening to Him. I think of how the Lord speaks to me through music. "Giants Fall" is one I believe He gave me to empower me to fight. My brother Gene sent a message that I 'have to fight it and do whatever the doctors tell you.' I can just hear my Daddy telling me I had to fight the MS. He gave a great fight against C that took him stronger in his faith. In my mind, I wonder why doesn't the Lord just take it away so I don't have to fight? Am I strong enough to fight it? What does 'fighting C' look like in the days ahead? All of these questions take me back to II Timothy 1:7. God gave me empowerment to 'fight' whatever comes my way. C will be my Goliath that comes down with one little stone. That little stone is my faith in knowing God is greater than C. I am much stronger in my faith to fight C than I was to fight MS. Woo hoo! God knows what I need, even before I need it but most of all He knows I need Him.

Don't you be afraid
Of giants in your way
With God you know that anything's possible
So step into the fight
He's right there by your side
The stones inside your hand might be small
But watch the giants fall

It continues with these words...

We could really live like this
Can't you imagine it
So bold, so brave
With childlike faith
Miracles could happen
Mountains would start moving
So whatever you may face

Yes! I have seen miracles of healing in my body many times. I have seen 'mountains' move in my life over and over again as I live out God's will. As I said, this is just another 'bump' in the road of life. The best part about it is He will be glorified through every step of the way!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday and all the ways You encouraged me through the day. Thank You for today that is ahead. Father, I pray for an empowerment over my emotional being today as I gather with my church family. I also pray for strength in my physical body. Yesterday tired me out so quickly. I also pray for strength in my mental body tomorrow as I go to an appointment and as I make phone calls to doctors/insurance. Lord, You are so awesome in the way You give me exactly what I need, exactly when I need it. I pray for those who do not live in Your presence to find the way there. I pray for those who do not even know You to find their way into relationship with You. I pray for open doors throughout this day to be You to others. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so You ooze out of me in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being My Enabler. Amen.

No comments: